GSG is looking for tried and true Project Managers in St. Petersburg to help support a large initiative for one of our wealth management clients. Demonstrated experience in the financial services industry with JIRA, Confluence, and managing multiple workstreams in an Agile environment is critical to the roles’ responsibilities. You will have the exciting opportunity to have highly visible impact on the initiative from start to finish, from developing the strategy to final execution.
Project Manager Essential Role & Responsibilities:
- Program Communication & Administration:
- Develops and presents project communications to influence key internal and external stakeholders to focus on transparent rapid business value delivery.
- Ensures program alignment—with shorter iterations and faster or reduced time to market—and success by monitoring program, industry, functional, or technology trends.
- Understands customer journey in order to guide and deliver business outcomes.
- Develops appropriate communication plans for influencing multiple decision makers; secures commitment for project decisions; advises project/program teams to communicate solution vision and priorities.
- Contributes to communities of practices and project community forums to address ongoing needs for the project professional community.
- Leverages and understands enterprise- or industry-specific best practices or lessons learned that impact the organization; shares with the project professional community.
- Project Delivery:
- Sets project expectations and strategy and ensures the development of organizational change plans and project financials.
- Contributes to solutions options and supports business partner decision-making to minimize the amount of project investment divergence from target outcomes.
- Partners with project teams to identify opportunities for creating reusable enterprise artifacts.
- Leads project/program teams to identify measurable business value to ensure metrics are gathered and business objectives are realized.
- Leads project/program team to continually focus on business strategy/vision and prioritizes based on delivery of business value.
- Manages through ambiguity; manages and resolves conflict, issues and risks to remove barriers within the project/program and team, while continuing momentum on initiatives.
- Identifies and manages inter-dependencies within projects and delivers integrated responses, as appropriate.
- Leads the iteration of high-value solutions using the test and learn approach with business and technology partners; recommends alternative solutions, as appropriate.
- Consulting Expertise:
- Challenges, when appropriate, to drive the initiatives and project/program team forward.
- Consults with teams, stakeholders, and business leaders to identify and resolve emerging business needs.
- Collaborates with business/technology partners and leaders to identify value drivers.
- Collaborates and partners with leaders to understand trade-offs and align to program vision; assesses the different types of support required to achieve goals that also achieve business value.
- Develops business solutions and partners with business/technology to align with overall strategy of the business.
- Provides partners and leaders with an accurate view of challenges to adoption; recognizes, clarifies, and prioritizes concerns.
- Manages key partners’ and stakeholders’ expectations, in accordance with changes in the business, technology, or environment.
- Contributes to change activities for projects/programs across the organization.
- Team Leadership:
- Motivates and inspires teams to coalesce and commit to shared purpose.
- Drives team effort and promotes team coordination.
- Creates a collaborative environment for distributed or virtual teams.
- Provides guidance, feedback, coaching, and mentoring to project team members.
- Strategy & Analysis:
- Coordinates, supports, and influences business priorities, as needed; ensures alignment with strategic goals.
- Effectively engages stakeholders and consults with senior leaders and executives to define measurable business value and benefits.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 5-8 years related experience
- Requires in-depth conceptual and practical knowledge in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines
- Solves a wide range of complex problems
- Works independently, receives minimal guidance
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
- Analysis – Data and Business Process Analysis
- Business Software – Microsoft Office
- Business Software – Microsoft Project
- Project Management Tool – Confluence
- Project Management Tool – Jira
- Testing – Application and User Testing
Desired Licenses and Certifications:
- Certified Disciplined Agilist – Disciplined Agile Consortium
- Project Management Professional – PMI
GSG provides a great employer sponsored benefits package that includes!
- Health Insurance
- Dental / Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Commuter Benefits
- Pet insurance