Analyst, User Experience Design
About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the Opportunity:
GSG is seeking a UX Designer to join our dynamic team. We deliver expertise talent for our business partners.
- Drive iterative interface design process for browser-based user interfaces following usability best practices.
- Classify content, develop navigation recommendations, and define workflows.
- Create detailed wireframes to be used by developers in building the interface.
- Develop prototypes as necessary to communicate interaction design intent.
- Consult with business units to determine best user-centered approach to Web and front-end application navigation and interaction content.
- Develop navigation and interaction content for proper flow and successful “scent of information.”
- Develop or assist in developing usability specifications.
- Participate in the discovery and requirements gathering process, with direct responsibility for defining user needs via one-on-one interviews, surveys, and similar methodologies.
- Conduct expert reviews of competitive sites and current web pages and/or applications.
- Create protocols and facilitate one-on-one usability studies, documenting and analyzing test results, making recommendations based on findings.
- Develop prototypes for use in usability studies.
- Effectively communicate design intent to business partners and technical developers by authoring wireframe documents that detail interaction specifications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design or equivalent experience
- Solid experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, or similar role
- Proven ability to develop insight into user needs and translate them into effective user interface designs that meet business goals.
- Previous experience in the financial services industry.
- Advanced knowledge of design apps – Sketch, FIGMA, Invision and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience with FIGMA is highly desired.
- Experience working on creative teams and collaborating to deliver creative interactive design.
- Experience creating Web-user interfaces and/or browser-based applications.
- Familiarity with user-centered design process and Web usability best practices.
- Continued education in fields of usability and user-centered design.
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Visio.
- Experience with prototyping tools such as Axure or iRise a plus.
- Self-starter with ability to collaborate with and guide clients as a consultant and to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Include examples of your work as part of your application – an online portfolio with links to sites/personal webpage.
GSG is excited to offer its consultants a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity:
As a diverse-owned business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.