Senior Consultant, User Experience
About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the Opportunity:
GSG is seeking a User Experience Architect to join our dynamic team. We deliver expertise talent for our business partners. A User Experience Architect (XA) is a user experience professional adept at planning and designing a consistent experience architecture of our customer facing (and in some cases banker-facing) interfaces and experiences across a spectrum of digital and real-world touchpoints.
The XA understands the methods and tools for creating taxonomies, user flow diagrams and screen layouts, and fundamentally understands the methods and concepts related to findability and usability. The Experience Architect partners with business analysts, developers, testers, product owners and compliance specialists to translate requirements into experience architectures.
- Employ a range of human-centered, accessible design techniques, such as conceptual models, personas, user flows, wireframes, and interactive prototypes, to determine and convey design decisions.
- Optimize experience architecture to promote findability and usability, while accommodating technical and business needs/constraints.
- Partner with business analysts, developers, accessibility consultants, testers, product owners and compliance specialists to translate requirements into experience architectures.
- Reviews artifacts and deliverables from peers to ensure they accurately represent or improve upon the layout, design, and interaction patterns.
- Accurately interpret how the brand is applied to interaction modules, screen layouts, style guides, pattern libraries, images, icons, and other visual elements.
- Collaboratively partner with UX peers (visual designers, content writers, accessibility consultants, researchers, prototypers, and strategists) to create world class customer experiences.
- Formally observe user interviews and usability sessions.
- Work concurrently on multiple tasks or projects in an agile environment.
- Deliver assets of record, e.g., wireframes, versioned prototypes, flow / process diagrams, etc.
- Participate in validating code is built as designed during projects (according to brand standards, style guides and pattern libraries).
- Knowledge of UX best practices, interactive design principles, information architecture and experience architecture. Service Design knowledge a plus.
- Knowledge of design thinking process and framework, and familiarization with workshop and co-creations.
- Knowledge of website architecture, interactive design principles, web usability, and online marketing and business needs.
- Experience with user-centered design from concept to delivery.
- Experience/familiarity with CSS and responsive design.
- Familiar with common design software.
- Experience working in a cross-channel environment, including desktop/laptop, mobile, devices and brick-and-mortar locations. Internal facing systems experience a plus.
- Experience collaborating with large teams.
- Great communication, facilitation, and presentation skills.
- Ability to problem-solve and work independently.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree.
GSG is excited to offer its consultants excellent compensation and a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity:
As a diverse-owned business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.