Senior Consultant, Instructional Design
About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the Opportunity:
GSG is seeking a Trainer to join our dynamic team. We deliver expertise talent for our business partners. The Trainer will support a Core Transformation Project by facilitating training for service and operational teams across the business. This position will involve working with content developers and other trainers to master course materials and deliver these successfully to a number of audiences across the organization. The Trainer will also be required to travel where necessary to lead sessions in person and may be required to utilize virtual training environments to train remotely.
The ideal consultant will be comfortable delivering technical materials to both in-person and remote audiences and will be fluent in Adult Learning Theory and common Instructional Design techniques. Moreover, the consultant should be comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have the ability to master new courses rapidly. The Trainer may also be called upon to create and/or edit supplemental materials when needed. The position will require exceptional written and spoken communication skills, interpersonal skills that allow you to work with people at all levels, initiative and the ability to offer new ideas and solutions, good time management to effectively manage training schedules and multiple projects/deadlines. He/she will report directly to the Deposit Services Director of Training.
- Facilitate remote and in-person training on subjects relating to the Core Transformation Project.
- Become proficient with all necessary curriculum offered during the Core Transformation project.
- Travel to and from training sites when needed.
- Monitor participants' knowledge before and after training and provide additional coaching and feedback to management.
- Use a variety of instructional methods to ensure maximum delivery effectiveness.
- Work closely with management to address any identified opportunities for improvement.
- Create and edit Supplemental documents when needed.
- Perform duties & responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor.
- Responsibilities include the following:
- Adhering to and complying with all applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-Money Laundering (i.e Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Actfir, etc
- Adhering to bank policies and procedures.
- Completing required training.
- Identifying and reporting potential suspicious activity to the BSA/AML Officer.
- Knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the bank.
- Undergraduate degree preferred.
- Professional certifications in Learning Theory, Performance Management, Instructional Design, e-Learning Applications, or other related disciplines a plus.
- Prior professional experience in a learning and development role or a proven track record of performance in a related field.
- Comfortable multitasking and can manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Comfort with both in-person and virtual training delivery methods.
- Familiarity with eLearning design and theory.
- Fluent in designing engaging materials in Word, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, and other authoring tools and will have a strong understanding of Adult Learning Theory and Instructional Design.
- Ability to quickly connect and develop a rapport with varying audiences across the organization.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skill; is able to speak articulately with and in language appropriate for the specific audience.
- Comfortable with financial service technology and systems; can quickly learn new systems when needed.
- Team player.
- Provides extraordinary service and furthers the businesses culture and values.
- Ability learn and comprehend basic instructions; understand the meanings of words and respond effectively; and perform basic arithmetic accurately and quickly.
- Ability to read data reports, manuals, and computer screens.
- Communicate coherently and clearly to convey or exchange information, including the giving and receiving of assignments and / or directions.
- Position involves siting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Willingness to travel when needed.
- Detail-oriented and can work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
GSG is excited to offer its consultants a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity:
As a diverse-owned business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.