Senior Consultant, Technical Writing
About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the Opportunity:
GSG is seeking a Technical Writer to join our dynamic team. We deliver expertise talent for our business partners.
- Write and produce end-user, administrator, installation, and integration documentation for assigned products in a suite of complex financial analytical products.
- Work closely with Product Management and Software Engineering staff to develop internal (used by our implementation engineers) and external (used by clients) documentation.
- Create FAQs, Product Case Studies, Whitepapers and other miscellaneous support documents.
- Create flowcharts, diagrams, and images.
- Work with Engineering to create meaningful system messages for the user interface.
- Adhere to Moody's Analytics format and style standards.
- Collaborate with members of cross-functional teams locally and in other time zones.
- 5+ years commercial software technical writing experience.
- Excellent command of written English and fluency in spoken English; familiarity with American usage preferred.
- Ability to analyze documentation needs, manage own projects, and complete projects with little direction.
- BA/BS in business/finance, a writing-related discipline, or a technical field.
- Background in finance, insurance, banking, financial regulation, or analytics: Knowledge of financial. instruments (Loans, Deposits, Bonds, Derivatives…)
- Strong technical skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines and handle changing priorities in a fluid, fast-moving environment.
- Background in finance, insurance, banking, financial regulation, or analytics:
- Understanding of accounting concepts (Balance sheet : assets, liabilities, off-balance accounts; Profit and Loss Account).
- Knowledge of Asset and Liability Management (Liquidity Risk, Interest Rate Risk, Net Interest Income, Fund Transfer Pricing).
- Experience working on training and promotional videos.
- Skill in creating graphics (Visio) and images (SnagIt)
- Understanding of software engineering processes
- Understanding of Agile development processes and scrums.
- Experience with GitHub, Perforce, or other source control systems.
- Experience using Confluence.
- WalkMe experience.
- Experience writing API documentation.
- Project Management or Lead Writer experience.
GSG is excited to offer its consultants excellent compensation and a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity:
As a diverse-owned business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.