Manager, Product Management
About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology enablement solutions. GSG now has four offices on three continents, with over 250 team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 500 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the role:
GSG is seeking a skilled Technical Product Manager to manage a portfolio of initiatives (or “Product”) at our client. The Technical Product Manager will specialize in multiple areas, should be extremely adaptable, and will demonstrate the ability to manage a cross functional matrixed team of up to 20 resources, delivering multiple highly complex projects/solutions. S/He will be responsible for implementation of a “product” and leading the cross-functional IS team that is responsible for improving it. The Technical Product Manager will align the cross functional IS teams re: the strategy, roadmap, and feature definition for a product and will be responsible for communicating the Why and What of the product, and jointly defining the When and How of the product.
The role will be the ultimate owner for the entire delivery life cycle, from identifying impacted areas and the right candidates, scope, requirements, technology delivery governance, design, testing, timeline, and budget. The role requires exceptional communication skills and an ability to build and maintain working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved. The Technical Product Manager will be a visible and influential people leader, able to inspire, guide and train resources.
- Delivers on the suite of projects/initiative; defines and manages all aspects of technical delivery including scope, budget, financial forecasting and scheduling.
- Leads and manages all resources in the related product area.
- Determines resource requirements and procures resources; manages contract project and/or program resources.
- Facilitates impact analysis of current/existing technologies on the program.
- Manages vendor relationship management for project-related vendors; supports enterprise vendor management standards and coordinates initial contracts, contract renewals, and addenda to contracts with key project vendors.
- Supports management in data gathering for regulatory and third-party reviews
Education / work experience:
- Undergraduate degree required.
- MBA or relevant graduate degree preferred
- Five to Seven or more years of experience in IT leadership in banking business.
- Recognized as a subject matter expert within his or her specified field of expertise.
- Experience in Agile Methodology, Jira, and Confluence.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently deliver technical solutions.
- Requires demonstrated knowledge in system integration and management.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to build relationships at all levels of the enterprise including external vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment and strategic thinking under a minimum of supervision.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
Professional skill / competency:
- Expert at managing by influence to achieve goals through departments and staff not directly in a reporting relationship.
- Strong business orientation with broad experience with banking processes, technology, and change initiatives.
- Understands business processes, appropriate application of technology in supporting those processes, and the common technical complexity / considerations when evaluating new products or process options.
- Skilled at identifying and evaluating existing operations and new developments and gauging appropriate opportunities for the business.
- Focus on development of organizational capabilities and resources to support continuous evolution of a more competitive and profitable Bank
- Leadership skill / competency:
- Demonstrated leadership, planning, and managerial skills with ability to contribute broadly at any level.
- Pragmatic with an ability to generate trust and build alliances across business and functional lines.
- Consistently demonstrates and follows high standards of integrity in business decision-making.
Personal skill /competency:
- Strategic perspective and business acumen. Looks toward the broadest possible view of an issue/ challenge; can easily pose future scenarios; can think globally about all aspects of the Bank; can discuss multiple considerations of an issue and forecast them into the future.
- Communication skills. Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills; able to communicate clearly and concisely in a variety of settings and styles; is effective in a variety of formal presentation and meeting settings; commands attention and can manage group process during presentation/ discussion.
- Change management. Gains support for change by providing context and responding with sensitivity to concerns; takes initiative to recommend/ develop innovative approaches to getting things done.
- Negotiation skills. Negotiates skillfully in tough situations with internal and external groups; can be both direct and diplomatic.
- Peer relationships. Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; is a team player and encourages collaboration.
GSG is excited to offer its consultants a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity:
As a diverse-owned business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.