Consultant, Applications Development
About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the Opportunity:
GSG is seeking an experienced Technical Lead who will research, design, develop, configure, integrate, test and maintain existing and new trading applications and/or integrate 3rd party developed applications with our systems. Responsible for conducting, and coordinating software development activities throughout the project, including key design decisions. Candidate will work closely with Application Architects and business SMEs and will be reporting to the Director of Software Engineering, Back Office and Data Services.
- Design, Code, debug and develop high performance and high availability scalable applications.
- Document key SDLC processes by producing formal documents like Solution Architecture Document and Technical System Design Specifications, etc.
- Software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis, software reliability analysis.
- Object-oriented Design and Analysis (OOA and OOD).
- Provides estimates to Management for work activities.
- Applies in-depth technical knowledge to provide maintenance solutions across one or more technology areas.
- Participates in troubleshooting complex issues and resolving defects.
- Provide technical thought leadership and be a strong collaborator with domain SMEs, application architects and less senior development teams and management.
- Adopt new and emerging technologies to provide solutions to client needs.
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems and/or equivalent formal training or experience.
- 10+ years of experience in Information Technology supporting development of complex projects.
- 5+ years of full stack software development experience using Microsoft Technologies.
- Strong experience with SQL Server (DB Design, Query Optimization, Indexing).
- Deep understanding of SQL Server, and the appropriate and effective use of database objects.
- Experience with the .NET core, C#, Web API.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with 3rd party vendors and develop suitable integration solutions.
- Ability to conduct formal and informal training and learning sessions.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies.
- Familiarity with Source Code management systems.
- Ability to quickly grasp new technology concepts.
- Good knowledge and experience with other vendor’s platforms, products, companies and philosophies.
GSG is excited to offer its consultants excellent compensation and a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity:
As a diverse-owned business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.