Senior Consultant, Business Analysis
About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the Opportunity:
GSG is seeking a Technical Business Analyst to join our dynamic team. As a Technical Business Analyst, you will help assess processes using data driven analyses and creation of reports and models to help the business understand their processes. Technical Business Analysts are responsible for working together with the Continuous Process Improvement (CPI) Team and business end-users to understand requirements, define the data design and support the socialization of the design with stakeholders.
This position is a part of the CPI Team and ensures reports and data infrastructure designs meet business and technical requirements, are maintainable and scalable and meet stated performance benchmarks.
- Hands-on report development and data process design.
- Use of Data Warehouse concepts to be able to support CPI initiatives to build sub-processes and end to end solutions.
- Oversee the design, scoping, implementation and testing of data reporting and data needs of project implementations end-to-end.
- Ensure the ongoing maintenance, enhancement and support of any reports or solutions provided, so that they continue to meet business needs.
- Participate as requested on corporate project teams where management reporting and/or data import/export are involved to support the planning and implementation process. Help troubleshoot challenges and inaccuracies that may arise.
- Create or update documentation including data architecture diagrams and design documents in support of report or process development efforts. Estimate development efforts and provide guidance on development timelines.
- Develop reports through SRRS, Tableau, Excel, or other tools from variety of data sources.
- Respond to support inquiries for internal client ad-hoc queries and reports.
- Perform duties & responsibilities specific to department functions & activities.
- Perform other duties & responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor.
- Adhering or complying with all applicable federal and state laws, regulations, and guidance, including those related to Anti-Money Laundering (i.e., Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, etc.).
- Adhering to Bank policies and procedures.
- Completing required training.
- Identifying and reporting potential suspicious activity to the BSA/AML Officer.
- Knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
- 2+ years business analysis or similar capacity as primary resource extracting and presenting data.
- 2+ years of in-depth experience using T-SQL or other query language to build reports, data extraction and manipulation to present data in a reporting tool or Excel.
- 2+ years creating operational and strategic dashboards and reports.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Experience with reporting dashboards in Tableau or Microsoft SSRS.
- Knowledge of data warehousing practices including dimensional modelling skills and use of tools like Microsoft SSIS to support ETL processes.
- Python experience.
- Use of querying tools like PowerPivot and Power Query in Excel.
GSG is excited to offer its consultants excellent compensation and a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity:
As a diverse-owned business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.