Consultant, Data Analysis
About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the Opportunity:
GSG is seeking a Tableau Report Developer to join our dynamic team. We deliver expertise talent for our business partners. The Tableau Report Developer works with subject matter experts from the project and business teams to determine: Data requirements for the PWM Reporting platform; develop functional specifications; provide detailed data flow documents.
They will also participate in the full development process life cycle from concept, through testing and implementation. This includes identifying necessary data, reconciling with the new application and the legacy data sources, and ensuring a successful implementation of PWM Reporting capability. Specific tasks include communicating business term definitions; establishing data quality rules; writing and executing data quality checks; researching and analyzing data in support of business functions; process and workflow knowledge; and user acceptance testing.
- Design and develop Tableau reports and dashboards that will yield actionable insights that present the answers to business questions.
- Run ad-hoc analysis for Product and Business Managers using standard query languages and operationalize for repeatable use via Tableau reporting suite.
- Code and modify SQL/ETL based on dashboard requirements.
- Maintain validation of reporting business rules, documentation, and distributions to proper stakeholders.
- Train and educate co-workers on data visualization tools and best practices.
- Participate in design and delivery of curriculum related to rollout of new reports and dashboards to drive adoption and to enhance business decision-making capability.
- BA or BS in Management Information Systems, Mathematics, Computer Science, or Engineering required.
- 5+ years of experience using business intelligence reporting tools. Mastery of Tableau for the creation and automation of Enterprise Scale dashboards.
- 5+ years of experience writing advanced SQL, performance tuning of BI queries, data modeling, and data mining from multiple sources (SQL, ETL, data warehousing).
- Knowledge of Private Wealth Management/Investment Management – with ability to interpret definitions and calculations from business language to developer logic.
- Experience with portfolio management and related reporting.
- Expertise with Data Visualization best practices.
- Possess a strong foundation in data analytics, an understanding and foundation in data science.
- Have exposure to statistical modeling experience (R, SAS, SPSS). (Preferred).
- Strong visualization design and development experience with Tableau (and other Business Intelligence tools).
- Expert in writing SQL.
- Excellent attention to detail and experience debugging code.
- Proven track record of delivery for business-critical BI/Analytics projects.
- Ability to operate with cross-functional teams.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills – ability to quickly analyze data to identify key insights and apply them to the business.
- Clear, high-level understanding of complex data models and software integration/delivery.
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to present effectively to both business and technical audiences at all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
GSG is excited to offer its consultants a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity:
As a diverse-owned business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.