Consultant, Technical Support
About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the Opportunity:
GSG is seeking a Systems Support Engineer to join our dynamic team. The majority of the role involves support and scripting and the DevOps portion is very minor.
The ZM Systems Support Engineer fulfils the following responsibilities with little to moderate guidance of more senior team members.
- Migrate current ZM applications from private data center to AWS.
- Provide IT Support to:
- ZMDesk OnPrem clients’ IT teams.
- Hosted ZMDesk in ZM’s private data center and AWS.
- ZMDesk, OALM, OBAM, and OBUD product support teams and sales teams.
- Client OnPrem and Hosted users and compliance teams.
- Deploy code for ZMDesk Hosted, OALM, OBAM, and OBUD products.
- Develop deep understanding of configuration and architecture of ZMDesk, OALM, OBAM, and OBUD products as well as deployment processes and support procedures.
- Process IT support tickets.
- Develop scripts to support SaaS products as well as internal systems.
- Participate in code, script, configuration, and system architecture reviews.
- Provide general troubleshooting of product installations in a team DevOps environment.
- Document and maintain documentation of all IT procedures, configurations, processes, scripts, and architecture.
- Perform database migrations and upgrades.
- Perform database and file backup, restore, and Disaster Recovery operations.
- Generate audit, usage, and billing reports and provide to clients and MA management.
- Work closely with outside client teams for installation, upgrade and support of On Premise ZMDesk.
- Robust Windows system administration experience.
- Scripting skills in Windows PowerShell.
- Software developer experience in .Net application.
- Fluent in basic T-SQL language.
- Deploying and configuring Java and .Net applications.
- System automation and deployment tools such as Chef and Puppet.
- Background in networking, load balancing, and firewalls.
- Background in systems engineering and operations.
- Installation/configuration of high-end servers and storage hardware in data centers.
- Experience in working with management and maintenance of application running on IIS.
- Experience installing VMWare products – ESX, ESXi, VSphere, vCenter, P2V&V2V conversions.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and ability to apply them during business impacting incidents.
- Capable of mentor others and lead by example.
- Technical Skills:
- Windows 2003, 2008 and 2010 Operating Systems Understanding of IIS 6.x/7.x (or above) Running websites on a large-scale environment Windows networking and hosting requirements Understanding of networks and firewall systems Deploy web products built on the Microsoft stack, including Windows Server 20XX and IIS 6.x/7.x (or above).
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies such as Amazon AWS, OpenStack, VMware, Xen and/or KVM Scripting experience and fluent in at least one scripting language: VB Script or Windows PowerShell. Fluent in basic T-SQL language is a plus.
- Experience with Flexpod is a plus.
- Fluency with common network admin and intrusion detection tools such as Rancid, OpenNMS, Nagios, Ethereal/Wireshark, Nmap, Nessus, Netflow, etc.
- Good knowledge of Cisco IOS, both Cisco Nexus and non-Nexus series switches, Cisco routers and other Cisco networking gear.
- Solid understanding of data center related technology and collocation environment.
- Familiarity with configuration management, Chef, Puppet, CFengine or similar industry-standard CM solutions Cloud Proficiency Detailed knowledge of Windows 20XX operating systems and tools.
- Good knowledge of SCM (software configuration management).
- Working knowledge of web services, web application development, Oracle database Server, multi-tier application systems.
- Good knowledge of software configuration, source control, and build engineering, scripting and system administration is required.
- Database management expertise: MS SQL Server, Oracle.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills, including application and network-level troubleshooting ability Knowledge/experience with TCP/IP, UDP, IP ROUTING, SSH/SFTP/SCP, DNS, NFS, LDAP, FTP, SMTP, NIS BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Qualifications and Certifications:
- MCITP, MCSE and/or MCPD, RHCE or CCNA.
- Skills: windows, vmware, windows engineer, puppet, AWS, automation, scripting, system engineer, powershell, Devops engineer, puppet, virtualization.
GSG is excited to offer its consultants excellent compensation and a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity:
As a diverse-owned business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Granite Solutions Groupe has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy requiring Covid-19 vaccinations for all employees.