Analyst, Software Development
About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the Opportunity:
GSG is seeking a skilled and dedicated Operations Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate will play a crucial role in ensuring the seamless operation of our Cloud infrastructure through Operations Management, Incident Management, Patching of Cloud Servers, and active participation in DevOps practices. The role requires 24*7 support with rotational shifts including weekends & public holidays may be required owing to business needs.
- 24*7 Global Support Operations:
- Act as first-level contact point and deal with all incoming requests and incidents in a professional, courteous manner over the phone, via email, web submission and walk-ups.
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles.
- Document & maintain accurate & detailed records of work requests using Service Now.
- User Access management via AD Security Groups.
- Execute routine application health checks and preventive maintenance tasks.
- Responsible for monitoring, operating, managing, troubleshooting and restoring Application access related issues.
- Incident Management:
- Incident Management will include acknowledging, updating, categorizing, assigning, and resolving tickets as per the SLA’s.
- Monitoring of cloud-based applications and should be able to provide first level of support on any PAAS or SAAS environment.
- Implement improvements based on lessons learned from incidents.
- Major Incident Management: Manage and handle critical incidents by coordinating with cross functional teams.
- Should be able to raise the alarm on Sev 1 and Sev 2 Incidents and follow Major incident Management process.
- Change management and Problem management processes.
- OS Patch Management
- Identify and Build OS patching baseline, test and deploy to production environment.
- Coordinate with App and Business owners for downtime, approval and schedule management
- Scan and identify vulnerabilities using IP based scanning.
- Plan and Remediate vulnerabilities by coordinating with App and Business owners.
- Reporting and Metrics analysis for Service Delivery reviews
- Contribute to the development and enhancement of DevOps practices.
- Collaborate with software development and operations teams to streamline deployment processes.
- Implement and maintain CI/CD pipelines for efficient software delivery.
- Leverage automation tools to enhance operational efficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, or relevant field.
- 3- 6 years of relevant experience.
- Proven experience in 24*7 NOC operations and incident management.
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Experience in Patch management for cloud-based servers.
- Strong understanding of DevOps principles and practices.
- Should be ITIL V3 certified/Trained and possess good knowledge of Incident Management process.
- Certifications in relevant areas, such as AWS Certified DevOps Engineer, ITIL, etc.
- OS Patching Tools: SCCM, Bigfix
- Scanning and Vulnerability Management – Tenable, Qualys
- Should have worked on ticketing tools like Service Now, BMC Remedy, Manage Engine, HPSM etc.
- Familiarity with two more of the following domain focus areas: Information Technology Service Management (ITSM), Enterprise Service Management (ESM), Service Desk, Help-desk, Data Center Operations, Server Operations, and & understanding of Disaster Recovery.
GSG is excited to offer its consultants a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity:
As a diverse-owned business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.