Senior Consultant, Business Systems Analysis
About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the Opportunity:
GSG is seeking a Systems Analyst to join our dynamic team. This role is responsible for enhancing and maintaining existing technology solutions and providing support for ongoing technology initiatives within the investment operations business team. We perform development across Oracle, MSSQL, SSIS, .NET, SSRS and will be moving to Azure in the coming years. The ideal consultant will have a strong foundation in data analysis, SDLC, and the financial services industry.
- Strategic thinker who is able to execute on various stages of SDLC while driving the delivery of high-quality software in a fast paced environment.
- Engage in the daily oversight of maintenance and support of the investment operations team.
- Provide expertise in the areas of securities and pricing within the financial industry, specifically in regard to financial instruments.
- Possesses strong knowledge of financial instruments such as Fixed Income, Equities, Forwards, Derivatives, Futures, Swaps and multiple source vendor pricing.
- Supports day to day operations using expertise of reference data, security master setup and trading workflows.
- Participate in technology projects from start to finish, by gathering/documenting requirements, communicating with development team, and overseeing/assisting with testing, implementation, and ongoing maintenance.
- Manage backlog of business team’s requirements and facilitate prioritization and development.
- Develop a detailed understanding of the Data Operations workflows and current technology solutions that support them.
- Partner with the data team in evaluating processes, anticipating requirements, and identifying opportunities for application or workflow enhancements.
- Perform detailed data analysis and testing as necessary.
- Work closely with IT Department, as well as 3rd party vendors, to support software applications and initiatives.
- Proficient at multi-tasking and handling more than one on-going project and support group.
- Ability to stay organized while working independently as well as within a team setting.
- Participate in annual and periodic roadmap planning sessions in conjunction with PMs and stakeholders.
- Experience on the Eagle PACE/STAR/Eagle SRM/Pricing Center and similar platforms highly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience on project teams in the financial services industry, ideally within a buy side organization.
- Proficient in data analytics and SQL.
- Knowledge of data marts and system architectures.
- Strong understanding of financial instruments and investment operations workflows and systems.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience interfacing with Business users.
- Experience gathering and organizing business user requirements.
- Experience with Jira preferred but not required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work with project stakeholders from various parts of the overall organization.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- 4-year college degree.
GSG is excited to offer its consultants excellent compensation and a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity:
As a diverse-owned business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.