Consultant, Product Management
About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the Opportunity:
GSG is seeking a Sr. Product Owner to join our dynamic team. The team is undergoing digital transformation of the Firm’s external-facing Client Reporting activities. We are seeking a Senior Vermilion Platform Product Manager, reporting to the Head of Client Reporting, to help drive overall product vision and strategy while also ensuring continuous enhancement, improvement and maintenance of the platform for end users.
The successful consultant will be a member of the team responsible for the production of a diverse range of our separate account and mutual fund reports and fact sheets, covering the full range of the firm’s investment capabilities, in compliance with relevant regulatory guidelines and industry standards.
- Facilitate and manage the roadmaps, definition, and project plans across the Vermilion platform portfolio with the aim to evolve and maintain best-in-class capabilities through ongoing and continuous improvement.
- Establish strategic vision and assure team maintains continuity while supporting the platform and Client Reporting strategic roadmaps.
- Champion the competing needs of our business, stakeholders, and users throughout the development process, ensuring that what is delivered meets stated goals and objectives.
- Deliver feature enhancements to meet top-priority business needs.
- Maximize the automation potential of Vermilion and dependent systems for efficient workflow and production.
- Partner with technology and data teams to integrate Vermilion into 3rd party platforms.
- Directly address known (and help identify unmet) customer needs through the development and delivery of feature/functionality concepts.
- Anticipate upstream and downstream impacts when introducing change.
- Work with internal partners to stay in tune with the latest business tools and practices and assist in their progression, in order to support new features and functionality.
- Lead cross-functional teams through the entire product development lifecycle, identifying creative solutions for problems that arise along the way.
- Develop business cases and business requirements documentation in partnership with key stakeholders to support feature/functionality concepts including external-facing client report development and data provisioning solutions as well as support an evolution of these solutions.
- Act as a liaison between Client Services team, data and technology to understand systems, data, associated processes and controls to ensure accurate and timely production of client-facing reports and data delivery.
- The ability to create or delegate the creation of meaningful meeting notes, and to publish to the correct audience to help drive consensus.
- Provide oversight of sprint planning and technical development activities, includes writing user stories as part of an Agile project framework.
- Develop test plans, monitor key metrics, and support analytics teams for continual optimization.
- Manage on-boarding, training, and implementation of Vermilion solution.
- Develop and deliver continuous project communication with key stakeholders including regular status updates to executive teams.
- Serve as point for vendor support requests and communications as well as managing priorities for vendor input into enhancements and development.
- Utilize metrics and analytics to track platform adoption and performance.
- Own maintenance and monitoring of platform adoption; coordinate defect and issue resolution.
- B.S. or B.A. degree and possess 8-12+ years of product management/product development experience driving external-facing client report design, development, documentation and communications.
- Experience with data management, data governance, and data quality is highly desirable.
- Experience working in the financial services industry (asset management experience or an emphasis or interest in financial services or other process/regulation-heavy sectors is preferred) and confidence in your ability to develop and maintain relationships and rapport at all levels.
- Expertise in a client reporting tool – Vermilion Reporting Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to on-board, train and manage implementation of Vermilion solution.
- Ability to diagnose key business needs and translate them into workflows.
- Apply solid understanding of multiple interconnected data solutions, data structures and data queries as they relate to external client reporting design.
- Manage end-to-end report production processes, particularly with asset management external client reports and modules.
- Apply user-centred and usability-focused problem-solving skills with a can-do, hands-on approach and a bias towards action, results, and learning.
- A keen attention to detail and ability to author crisp, clear documentation.
- Basic SQL and scripting knowledge.
- Balance multiple objectives, projects, and goals simultaneously.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to uncover the unseen.
- Experience translating business needs through complex analysis, designs and recommendations.
- Comfortable working individually and as part of a cross-functional team.
- Solid experience managing development via agile, waterfall and combination project delivery methodologies.
- Adapt to changing requirements and timelines, based on business and regulatory needs.
- Knowledge and understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC) and SaaS onboarding: code control, build and deployment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively at different levels as well as collaborate with cross-functional business, data and technology partners.
- Ability to identify and manage complex issues and negotiate solutions.
- Takes the initiative in finding new opportunities and perseveres to see them through.
- Experience with managing project, ongoing work and issues within ServiceNow, JIRA, Confluence, Xray.
GSG is excited to offer its consultants excellent compensation and a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity:
As a diverse-owned business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Granite Solutions Groupe has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy requiring Covid-19 vaccinations for all employees.