Manager, Applications Development
About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the Opportunity:
- Perform full stack hands-on mobile development for native mobile app design and implementation on Android, including system analysis, test-driven application development, unit test, test automation, code review and application maintenance support.
- Code and ship complex new mobile features and apps.
- Establish and maintain strong partnerships with the business and product owners.
- Work with owners and system leads, including Vendor Solutions, to logically design and negotiate solutions and participate in long-term product planning.
- Ensure commitments are met while providing high-quality and cost-effective systems that meet client expectations.
- Adapt digital Agile approach and work with mobile vendor to implement the mobile solution.
- Keep up to date on new technology, standards, protocols and tools in areas relevant to the rapidly changing digital environment.
- Work with the application support team and external vendors to ensure all applications are supported according to their Service Level Agreements.
- Troubleshoot and fix issues in production and non-production environments.
- Work with server engineers to design API specs.
- Propose and implement process improvements to make our engineering team even better.
- A bachelor’s degree and more than 7 years of direct experience in software development, with five or more years in mobile solution and implementation
- Experience in native mobile app development on Android; and hands-on experience in Kotlin, Java RX and/or React native code to build front-end web or native application experiences
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Experience in test-driven development and test automation
- Attention to detail to carefully craft both tests and code
- Experience working with the Agile/scrum project management methodologies
- Backend web service and API knowledge
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills and an ability to multi-task in a deadline- oriented environment
- A willingness to learn new technology
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
GSG is excited to offer its consultants a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity:
As a diverse-owned business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.