Senior Consultant, Systems Administrator
About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology enablement solutions. GSG now has four offices on three continents, with over 250 team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 500 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the role:
GSG is seeking a Systems Analyst to join our dynamic team. We deliver expertise talent for our business partners.
In this role, you will work with both IT teams and other internal organizations to gather requirements associated with the New Generation of Corporate Online application for desktop and mobile. The Senior IT Systems Analyst reviews and communicates business objectives and translates into technology specific requirements. The position will also collaborate closely with business and technical resources in support of various implementation activities and phases. This covers creating system requirements and design for the system components created by internal IT groups, as well as vendor platforms. This position will be responsible for leveraging advanced analytical, research and problem solving skills to define innovative technology solutions in cooperation with developers to meet business objectives.
The Senior IT Business Systems Analyst will also perform analysis and design activities on complex IT initiatives by eliciting, defining, validating and translating business functional, non-functional and information objectives, then validating them when implemented, as well as preparing status updates on a regular basis to all stakeholders.
The ideal consultant will possess a deep and broad understanding of Information Technology best practices and processes. Additionally a strong and demonstrated strength in analysis and support of consumer banking systems is required.
- Elicit, analyze, validate and manage technical requirements definition, flows and deliverables for projects. Perform this by working with business partners to understand work effort requirements and then translate into IT actionable tasks.
- Work closely with the technology stake holders to deliver solution design documents and system requirements. Partner closely with technical teams supporting data movement, application development and testing. Diligently support and lead where needed various activities between the teams to ensure the business and technical requirements and objectives are met. Ensure appropriate project documentation is compiled and proper review and approvals from respective teams as gathered and collated.
- Contribute to the overall system(s) design. Evaluate current processes and procedures to ensure relevance and accuracy. Make recommendations for changes and keep documentation current.
- Perform as the subject matter expert on the various corporate banking systems and processes assigned. Inclusive of this is gathering a deep understanding of the data within the systems and business processes supported by the system(s).
- Build critical working relationships with the business and users communities through gathering a thorough understanding of the business models and processes employed.
- Specify and fully document application customizations that would bear scrutiny by an internal audit or external regulators.
- Perform duties & responsibilities specific to department functions & activities.
- Performs other duties & responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Management Information Systems (an MBA or relevant graduate degree preferred).
- Must have excellent analytical skills.
- Broad and deep knowledge of corporate online banking practices.
- Excellent communications and writing skills.
- Ability to work with data, data mapping, data modeling and data lineage.
- Should have familiarity with corporate online banking applications and associated vendor application such as Bill Pay, Cash Edge products, mobile check deposit, BSA/AML requirements and strong financial services background.
- Strong relational database skill, including SQL Server.
- Proficient in software development life cycle – including requirement analysis, preparing high-level program technical specifications after analyzing business requirements, design, development, testing, implementation, documentation and troubleshooting in various capacities ranging from Team Member to a Project Leader under tight deadlines.
- Experience with Agile software development methods.
- Supports the process of translating business needs into formal deliverables.
- Participates in design, development and implementation of Consumer banking technology platform(s) to satisfy internal and external regulatory requirements.
- Proven knowledge and robust understanding of banking and payments industry and processes.
- Expertise in innovation & the ability to think strategically about how to advance business-led solutions.
- Proven ability to build strong, cohesive partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong sense of prioritization and execution against critical deliverables, coupled with a sense of personal ownership for key projects/issue resolution.
- A track record demonstrating a high level of personal initiative, setting and achieving challenging goals, and demonstrating entrepreneurial leadership.
GSG is excited to offer its consultants excellent compensation and a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity:
GSG is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.