Manager, Applications Development
About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the Opportunity:
GSG is seeking an experienced and hands-on Snowflake Subject Matter Expert (SME) to join our dynamic team. We are looking for a Senior Snowflake Developer with a minimum of 10 years of experience in database development and 3-4 years of experience in Snowflake development and administration. The consultant will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, deploying, and maintaining enterprise-level applications using the Snowflake platform.
- Demonstrate expertise in Snowflake’s micro-partitioning and data spilling concepts, effectively leveraging them to optimize query performance.
- Provide guidance on warehouse scaling strategies, including horizontal and vertical scaling, to optimize resource utilization and performance.
- Assist in implementing dynamic data masking solutions, ensuring sensitive data is appropriately protected while maintaining performance.
- Collaborate with teams to design and implement data sharing solutions, including moving data between production and non-production environments using Data Shares.
- Utilize advanced techniques, such as window functions, to identify and manage data differences between tables and clones efficiently.
- Implement and manage authentication mechanisms, including key pair/Azure authentication, to ensure secure access to Snowflake environments.
- Familiar with and ability to use Snowflake’s resource monitoring capabilities to optimize performance and troubleshoot issues effectively.
- Provide expertise on role hierarchy and permission inheritance, ensuring proper access control and security measures are in place.
- Knowledge of SQL language and cloud-based technologies.
- Profound knowledge and hands-on experience in Snowflake Platform Architecture.
- Proficient in SQL for data validation and querying, with experience in Snow SQL scripts.
- Excellent understanding of Snowflake Internals, Stages, and Integrations in Snowflake.
- Extensive experience in T-SQL stored procedures and complex query development.
- Design and implement features for identity and access management.
- Implement novel query optimization, major security competencies with encryption.
- Solve performance issues and scalability issues in the system.
- Experience in SQL query performance tuning, including proficiency with Query Profiler, Micro-partition pruning, Data spilling and understanding of optimizer and execution plans.
- Experience with productionized data ingestion and processing pipelines using Snow SQL.
- Data warehousing concepts, data modeling, metadata management.
- Create, test, and implement enterprise-level apps with Snowflake.
- Strong understanding of CI/CD workflows, unit testing and integration testing, and deployment patterns.
- Strong ability in documenting design solutions effectively.
- Familiarity with a variety of tools including Jira, ServiceNow, Confluence, GIT, and Flyway.
- Experience in integrating snowflake with other data processing and reporting technologies such as SSRS, Tableau reports is a plus.
- Experience in Azure cloud services including Azure SQL MI and ADF, particularly in database and data management contexts is a plus.
GSG is excited to offer its consultants excellent compensation and a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity:
As a diverse-owned business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.