Analyst, Compliance Management
About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the Opportunity:
GSG is seeking a Senior Paralegal/Legal Analyst to join our dynamic team. The Paralegal will be part of Franklin Templeton’s Legal Department at the firm’s headquarters in San Mateo, CA and will be a member of the litigation team. The litigation team is responsible for managing a broad spectrum of litigation, regulatory, and internal investigative matters for the Company; supporting the Company’s related disclosure obligations; and providing advice on a variety of other issues, including with respect to employment matters, contracts, and data retention issues.
- Maintain/utilize litigation databases (including a matter management database and system used for issuing legal holds).
- Maintain calendars of relevant deadlines (such as for board reporting).
- Review, capture and track relevant contractual provisions.
- Support to a team responsible for filing class action settlement claims.
- Assist in preparation of required disclosures of relevant litigation matters.
- Support for a wide-variety of litigation-related tasks, including proofreading legal documents, responding to subpoenas, issuing legal hold notices, document collection and review, assisting in e-discovery projects, conducting basic legal research (using Westlaw, Lexis, and court docketing systems), and drafting correspondence.
- Leveraging Company systems and databases to provide reports.
- Working on special projects with the litigation attorneys.
- Some general office and administrative tasks, including filing, receiving/sending mail, scheduling meetings, submitting invoices, assisting with attorney expense reports/travel planning, preparing documents for signature through DocuSign, and maintaining paper files (both in the office and in the warehouse).
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate degree with an emphasis on Paralegal studies or equivalent work experience.
- Paralegal certificate desirable, but not required.
- 3+ years of experience as a paralegal, preferably in the area of litigation involving financial services, mutual fund or investment adviser companies.
- Experience as a litigation paralegal within a corporate legal department a significant plus.
- E-discovery experience a plus.
- Experience within the financial industry a significant plus, particularly knowledge of the structure and operation of mutual funds and other investment vehicles.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Ability to take direction and work independently under very general supervision, while meeting fast-paced deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Advanced knowledge of business desktop applications (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access & Project, Windows, Visio, etc.) required; knowledge of legal matter management/legal hold systems a plus.
GSG is excited to offer its consultants excellent compensation and a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity:
As a diverse-owned business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.