Consultant, Business Analysis
About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the Opportunity:
GSG is seeking a Senior Analyst to join our dynamic team. The Senior Analyst plays a key role in the team’s objectives to align the firm’s market and reference data requirements with providers and services that advance the bank's performance, operational and risk objectives. The role is dynamic, fast-paced and interacts with multiple stakeholders with focus on the needs of our global Investment Management teams for alpha generation, risk management, and business growth.
The Senior Analyst will combine his or her knowledge of vendor services, problem solving, relationship building and negotiation skills to foster alignment between the bank’s use cases and business needs and vendor products and services.
- Establish strong relationships with all bank's investment management teams to develop a vendor data and service strategy to meet their needs in growing their business and assets under management.
- Maintain knowledge of existing and emerging vendor products and understanding of how vendor’s products are used across the firm and in the industry.
- Lead vendor selection process, support negotiation of data subscriptions and value-added solutions, and maintain the ongoing management of vendor partnerships.
- Establish strong relationships with investment management, risk management and marketing/sales teams to understand their data needs, promoting the effective use of data and services.
- Lead contract negotiations with vendors providing intellectual property and market-based services while partnering with Legal to close agreements.
- Manage vendor strategy meetings and effectively communicate vendor updates.
- Identify new data partnerships based on existing or anticipated needs.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- 5+ years’ experience related to market and reference data vendors, their products and services, industry trends and contract negotiation.
- 5+ years’ experience in the investment management industry.
- Broad knowledge of market data content across asset types (Equity, Fixed Income, derivatives, etc.) and content types (real time pricing, news, fundamental and reference data, alternative data, and terminal products).
- Familiarity with data science preferred.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders and external partners.
- Problem solver with a passion to learn and contribute in a dynamically changing work environment.
- Results driven with attention to detail and the ability to deliver quality results while multi-tasking, staying organized, and appropriately prioritizing work.
- Strong communication and presentation skills and ability to engage effectively with all levels within the firm.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Office 365.
GSG is excited to offer its consultants excellent compensation and a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity:
As a diverse-owned business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.