Consultant, Project Management
About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the Opportunity:
GSG is seeking an experienced Scrum Master to join our dynamic team. The Scrum Master will be an experienced PMO professional that will lead and facilitate the activities and ceremonies of multiple Agile teams focused on the delivery of projects that accelerate winning outcomes by delivering on the organizational strategy to grow and scale, and enable the company to achieve our goals. The Scrum Master will lead, teach, and coach squads in Agile execution, identify and eliminate impediments, and foster an environment for high-performance and continuous improvement.
The Scrum Master will ensure the squads capture and maintain the applicable metrics and fully leverage available tools such as Jira to provide reporting and visual indicators as to the team progress and effectiveness. Additionally, they will foster and promote teamwork and develop and facilitate a collaborative approach to project/product delivery and creative problem solving. As needed, the Scrum Master will provide project management support around scope, timeline, budget, and status reporting activities. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering projects on time and on budget, while achieving ROI and high project team engagement.
- Facilitates the day-to-day activities and ceremonies of multiple teams within a Scrum environment, including daily standups, backlog grooming and refinement, sprint planning, demos, and retrospectives.
- Works closely with the Product Owner(s) in their effort to manage, groom and refine, and prioritize the backlog while facilitating a positive team dynamic and alignment regarding scope and priorities for the team.
- Provides transparency with the applicable metrics (e.g., velocity) and reporting (e.g., burn down) to help the team understand progress vs. plans/goals and identifies opportunities for improvement and learning.
- Identifies and resolves team impediments, removes roadblocks and distractions, and mitigates risks and challenges that may impact delivery before they become issues.
- Fosters a collaborative environment with cross-functional teams and serves as a bridge between development teams and stakeholders to ensure alignment of goals and expectations and delivery of product or project initiatives within agreed timelines.
- Facilitates or participates in Scrum of Scrum forums with other teams to ensure progress, resolve impediments, and manage dependencies.
- Encourages a customer-centric mindset and advocate for user feedback to drive product enhancements.
- Serves as an expert in effective, disciplined use of Agile and other tools including Jira and Confluence.
- Trains and mentors the team in Agile practices and is a role model and change agent for the team in embracing the Agile mindset and best practices.
- Stays updated on industry best practices and incorporates relevant agile methodologies to support the company’s Agile transformation.
- Creates a culture and team dynamic for continuous improvement, ongoing learning, and increased maturity in Agile practices.
- Provides project management support, as needed, within an Agile and SOX-compliant environment, including schedule, scope, budget management, status reporting, and risk and issue management.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and/ or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in various roles directly involved in delivery of technology software solutions, including project manager, business analyst, developer, or QA engineer, preferably within the financial sector.
- Three or more years of experience as a Scrum Master serving multiple teams, preferably in multiple environments and companies undergoing Agile transformations.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Professional Scrum Master (PSM), Certified Scrum Practitioner (CSP), SAFe Scrum Master (SSM), and/or other advanced Scrum/Agile certifications.
- Strong knowledge of Scrum, SAFe, Kanban, Lean, XP, and other Agile frameworks, and best practices.
- Strong knowledge of Agile metrics and the ability to track, report, and present metrics in various visual formats leveraging available Agile tools.
- Demonstrated ability to share Agile knowledge and provide coaching and training to Agile teams.
- Results-oriented with a focus on delivering value to end-users through iterative development.
- Strong and effective facilitator with ability to guide teams through resolution of conflict and a commitment to identify and resolve impediments impacting the team’s progress.
- Highly proficient with Agile tools including Jira, Confluence, and other supplemental tools
- Experience with core project tools including Microsoft Teams/SharePoint and Microsoft Office Professional (Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, Access, etc.)
- Skilled communicator, both written and oral. Able to communicate at many levels of the organization, clearly and impactfully sharing thoughts, ideas, and concerns.
GSG is excited to offer its consultants excellent compensation and a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity:
As a diverse-owned business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.