Consultant, Project Management
About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the Opportunity:
GSG is seeking a Scrum Master to join our dynamic team. We deliver expert talent for our business partners.
- Focus will be in Deposits, concentrating on API development and strategies.
- Work closely with the Treasury Management business team to execute against their vision.
- Focuses the team on the goals of the current iteration, keeping them on track:
- Makes sure the delivery team’s plan is visible and its progress is radiated to stakeholders.
- Helps the delivery team to self-govern and self-organise.
- Removes barriers that block the team so they can deliver value at the end of the release.
- Acts as a servant leader to the delivery team, helping them to improve and removing barriers to their progress.
- Follows up on issues raised in stand-up meetings to remove impediments so the team can stay on track.
- Partners with the Program Manager/Release Train Engineer and Product Owner(s) and Technology Owner(s), providing a check and balance between getting more done and maintain high quality and efficiency.
- Serves as a facilitator and conduit for communication with the delivery team and other stakeholders.
- Helps the product owner manage the product backlog.
- Coaches the team in Scrum project management practices through:
- Building organic, self-organising agile teams and integrating them into the enterprise.
- Creating a guiding, shared team vision, project vision and product vision.
- Tracking and monitoring the project for timely and relevant feedback while instituting systemic learning and adaptation.
- Encourages collaboration and facilitates Scrum-prescribed collaborations through:
- Grooming sessions – sessions to keep the backlog up to date and getting backlog items ready for upcoming sprints.
- Iteration/sprint planning sessions – elaborate, estimate, and prioritize highest-value product deliveries for the next iteration.
- Daily stand-up meetings.
- Iteration review/demo sessions – demonstrate completed functionality to interested stakeholders and users to show progress and gain important feedback.
- iteration retrospective sessions – reflect on project and process issues and take action as appropriate.
- 5-6 years of Scrum Master experience required.
- Exercises independent judgment with direction from supervisor.
- Salesforce.com experience
- Must be an excellent communicator, able to gain the respect of the team, external stakeholders, and management.
- Must be able to nurture self-organizing, high performing teams through servant leadership and mentoring.
- Must encourage, support, and guide continuous improvement of the team, its products and processes.
- Must be able to resolve conflict through arbitration, negotiation, reasoned discussion, or escalation.
- Must be willing and able to identify problems, impediments, dependencies, and other team dysfunctions, and then facilitate quick resolution.
- Must understand Agile metrics and reporting techniques.
- Must work effectively in a dynamic development environment with matrix reporting structure.
- Must be able to lead a team to make realistic and achievable delivery commitments.
- Ability to influence others including those in senior management.
- Strong written and verbal skills, comfortable presenting to large and small groups.
- Deep knowledge of and passion for Agile/Scrum.
GSG is excited to offer its consultants excellent compensation and a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity:
As a diverse-owned business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Granite Solutions Groupe has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy requiring Covid-19 vaccinations for all employees.