Consultant, Project Management
About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the Opportunity:
GSG is seeking a Scrum Master to join our dynamic team. We deliver expertise talent for our business partners.
- Ensuring that goal, scope, and product domain are understood by everyone on the Scrum Team as well as possible.
- Finding techniques for effective Product Backlog management.
- Helping the Scrum Team understand the need for clear and concise Product Backlog items.
- Understanding product planning in an empirical environment.
- Ensuring the Product Owner knows how to arrange the Product Backlog to maximize the value.
- Understanding and practicing agility, and facilitating Scrum events as requested or needed.
- Coaching the Development Team in self-organization and cross-functionality.
- Helping the Development Team to create high-value products.
- Removing impediments to the Development Team’s progress.
- Facilitating Scrum events as requested or needed and coaching the Development Team in organizational environments in which Scrum is not yet fully adopted and understood.
- Leading and coaching the organization in its Scrum adoption.
- Planning Scrum implementations within the organization.
- Helping employees and stakeholders understand and enact Scrum and empirical product development.
- Causing change that increases the productivity of the Scrum Team, and work with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the application of Scrum in the organization.
- Mentor, coach and support other more junior and peer level SM’s.
- Drive forward SAFe maturity both within and across teams/dept/Org.
- Be a champion of SAFe practices, principles and tools.
- Facilitate scrum team ceremonies, including the daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo, grooming and retrospectives.
- Shield team from outside distractions and interferences.
- Track and remove impediments from the team.
- Leverage tools and insight to help develop the team’s predictability and progress (velocity, capacity planning, burndown/burn up charts, and other tools and metrics).
- Coach team members in Agile practices.
- 4+ years Agile experience.
- Minimum of 1-year leadership experience working in a SAFe environment (practical, on hands experience).
- Leading SAFe / SAFe Agilest Certification – Scaled Agile Framework.
- Certified Scrum Master.
- Professional Scrum Master (PSM) I, II, or III – Scrum.org.
- Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) – Scrum Alliance.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
- Enthusiastic and high energy.
- Commitment to continual improvement – Must continually be growing one’s craft by learning new practices and techniques to better serve your teams.
- Commitment to empiricism – Must help teams bring transparency to the Scrum Artifacts so that teams can inspect and adapt their work and progress towards their Sprint Goal continuously.
- Strong mentoring and coaching skills.
- Proven conflict resolution ability.
GSG is excited to offer its consultants excellent compensation and a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity:
As a diverse-owned business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.