Consultant, Project Management
About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the Opportunity:
GSG is seeking a Scrum Master to join our dynamic team. We deliver expertise talent for our business partners.
- Review Sprint Plans/ Project plans to plan and coordinate project activity.
- Meet with department heads, managers, supervisors, vendors, and others, to solicit cooperation and resolve problems.
- Work collaboratively with development team, Technical lead and management to determine technical direction and priority of staff for the supporting systems. Create, manage and track project vehicles, including, but not limited to:
- Sprint schedules
- Detailed project plans
- Project scope statements
- Resource plans
- Risk and issues logs
- Status reports
- Continuous improvement of Sprint release processes to maximize team performance.
- Daily Scrum, Retrospectives and release planning meeting with other teams as needed in regard to project deliverables including managing expectations, presenting and interfacing with sponsors.
- Make decisions and communicate trade-offs and risks; drive key decisions across projects or open defects/enhancements.
- Make recommendations to management about schedules, prioritization, and resource allocation with input from team members.
- Manage resource planning and organizational capacity planning.
- Mentor project team members on Software Development processes and best Agile practices.
- Flexibility to engage with team in non-regular hours.
- Be a role model servant-leader to bring value to the Teams with process and tools.
- Bachelor degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred.
- 5-6 years’ experience required (2 years as Project Manager and 3 years as Scrum Master).
- Exercises independent judgment with direction from supervisor.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience leading IT projects.
- Over 3 years of experience as a Scrum Master.
- Must be an excellent communicator, able to gain the respect of the team, external stakeholders, and management.
- Must be able to nurture self-organizing, high performing teams through servant leadership and mentoring.
- Must encourage, support, and guide continuous improvement of the team, its products and processes.
- Must be able to resolve conflict through arbitration, negotiation, reasoned discussion, or escalation.
- Must be willing and able to identify problems, impediments, dependencies, and other team dysfunctions, and then facilitate quick resolution.
- Must understand Agile metrics and reporting techniques.
- Must work effectively in a dynamic development environment with matrix reporting structure.
- Must be able to lead a team to make realistic and achievable delivery commitments.
- Ability to influence others including those in senior management.
- Strong written and verbal skills, comfortable presenting to large and small groups.
- Deep knowledge of and passion for Agile/Scrum.
- Knowledge of TFS Tool is a plus.
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
GSG is excited to offer its consultants excellent compensation and a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity:
As a diverse-owned business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.