Consultant, Software Development
About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the Opportunity:
GSG is seeking a Reports Developer to join our dynamic team. The ideal consultant will have a BI/Reporting background and has done extensive data analysis work (e.g. structuring the data from various sources for reporting/analytics, detailed analysis to derive interesting insights or spot any data gaps, suggest or create visualizations to convey business insights, ability to scan backend data to derive and validate data lineage in addition to documentation, good understanding of Data Governance processes and incorporating the same in data projects etc). Technically, the most important skill is SQL with experience in tools such as Tableau, Alteryx etc. as an added advantage. In summary, somebody with 40% Business/Systems Analysis and 60% BI/Reporting background.
- Involve in systems design and implementation and provide functional support of Cloud based Software As a Service, Seismic technology platform.
- Demonstrate Business Context and Experience in Marketing and Sales areas.
- Ability provide solution, implement and thrive in a software as a service / cloud-based ecosystem.
- Understand and apply appropriate formatting / configuration set ups in Seismic.
- Understand the Product Features and Implement.
- Coordinate with product owners and technical team members to create and review of solutions.
- Providing Design Ideas and work on Implementation / Build.
- Involved in design/implementation of integrations with other applications.
- Help drive solutions by making recommendations based on business requirements.
- Monitoring Operating Systems and work with infrastructure teams appropriately.
- Support audit related activities like Operating System Scans, Operating System Hardening.
- Support existing applications and also be involved in new build outs to cope up with changing business requirements and changes in technology.
- Understand and integrate with enterprise software like data services, people soft.
- Understand security policies and work with enterprise security department to keep application in good order.
- Build and support light weight Microsoft software components and applications to support requirements from time to time.
- Provide meaningful template design solution ideas.
- Adhere to standards for coding, branding, security and Architecture.
- Do Code Review.
- Promptly read, understand, analyze and respond to questions and provide clarifications.
- Respond promptly to emergency contacts by operations staff on a 24/7 basis.
- Support variety of preventive maintenance aspects like patches, storage changes, database changes.
- Periodic Review of Change Requests to support Audits.
- Provide Estimates and timelines to the requirements.
- Perform unit testing, system integration testing and adopt test driven development approach.
- Define and manage access control and security aspects.
- Apply appropriate business rules on template.
- Understand, articulate, and apply appropriate new features that come up from time to time.
- Manage the promotion / release process.
- Manage and respond to business and operational questions promptly.
- More than 5 years broader experience across software systems preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge in Seismic is desirable not mandatory.
- Investment related data.
- Strong written and oral communication.
- Comfort in being able to digest larger problems into smaller tasks, and deliverables in order to keep things moving.
- Strong diagnostic skills.
- Knowledge of SQL and Developing and maintain stored procedures in MS SQL.
- Experience in either Microsoft .NET related technologies or Java related technologies.
- Exposure to Reporting / Content Management Tools.
- Ability to provide solutions based on customer requirements.
- Basic knowledge of data systems and structures.
- Understanding of the financial services industry a plus.
- Have a wide exposure to software development and support.
- Knowledge in build and support of cloud-based solutions.
- Ability to use and develop on SQL Server Database or any relational Database.
- Ability to adapt to constantly changing technology landscape.
- Ability to participate in agile delivery environments.
- Ability to work with various teams and play roles based on application needs.
- Nice to have experience with content management solutions and/or software package. integration into an enterprise environment preferred.
- Exposure to system integration.
- Comfortable with providing production support and solving problems.
- Ability to work flexible schedules and available 24/7 for emergency needs.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and judge priorities within the constraints provided.
GSG is excited to offer its consultants excellent compensation and a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity:
As a diverse-owned business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Granite Solutions Groupe has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy requiring Covid-19 vaccinations for all employees.