Consultant, Risk Management
About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the Opportunity:
GSG is seeking a Project Portfolio Risk Manager to join our dynamic team. We deliver expertise talent for our business partners. The Project Portfolio Risk Manager, Enterprise Portfolio Office (EPO) will report to the Director, Enterprise Portfolio Management and be a key resource within the EPO team. This role is responsible for developing and owning a portfolio risk management framework to identify, report on, monitor, and resolve outstanding risks to the successful delivery of projects.
The consultant must consider the big picture and think creatively about how best to identify portfolio risks and control for them. After envisioning a strategy, the candidate will need the skills to bring their vision to life. The ideal consultant will be detail-oriented and have excellent organizational, leadership, and communication skills.
- This role will collaborate closely with other members of the EPO Administration team, but also with project management practitioners as they deliver work for our business partners.
- The Project Portfolio Risk Manager will build relationships with colleagues to understand how they are using EPO tools and whether they are complying with standards.
- The ideal consultant will have the ability to absorb complex theories, then develop business processes that apply these theories to the real-life work of the Enterprise Portfolio Office.
- Eliciting practitioner feedback, translating this feedback into enhancements, and implementing these enhancements is a key measure of success.
- Establish and own the internal risk review process for the EPO Portfolio, including risk identification, sizing, assessment of mitigation and regular reporting.
- Monitor the overall portfolio for risks and provide reporting to highlight trends.
- Escalate portfolio risks as appropriate.
- Highlight specific problem areas and work with project managers to resolve outstanding issues.
- Provide support for any EPO audits and reviews (regulatory, internal audit, GLBA, SOX, ERM review, etc.).
- Coordinate with Enterprise Risk Management to ensure EPO risk management practices are aligned to ERM standards.
- Provide training and support to project management practitioners to ensure understanding, adoption of and compliance with EPO processes.
- Support maintenance of EPO processes, including managing updates to department policy, standard, Process Guidelines and Quick Reference Guides.
- Become knowledgeable in the support and operations model for all EPO tech tools used by the team.
- Generate quarterly portfolio risk reports for EPO and Information Services management.
- Assist with preparation of management reporting produced by the Enterprise Portfolio Management team.
- Knowledge of and experience applying project management, program management and product management disciplines.
- A collaborative and service-oriented attitude.
- Compelling, confident, and clear written and verbal communication.
- Experience delivering training to individuals and large groups.
- Basic familiarity with SharePoint administrative functions.
- Advanced MS Office skills.
- 3-5+ years’ experience in business operations.
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory and risk management frameworks (i.e., FFIEC Guidance on Development and Acquisition of Software) preferred.
- MBA preferred.
GSG is excited to offer its consultants excellent compensation and a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity:
As a diverse-owned business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.