Consultant, Project Management
About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the Opportunity:
GSG is seeking an experienced Project Manager to join our dynamic team. The Project Manager will be a member of the Collaboration Engineering team and will be aligned with multiple Engineers to assist in project definition, project execution, and embracing agile best practices. The Project Manager will be responsible for understanding the project goals, fostering stakeholder engagement, developing, and executing project plan, and monitoring the project performance in a distributed team environment. In addition, the Project Manager will be responsible for managing risks and dependencies and communicate with project stakeholders at all levels. The Project Manager will drive work with multiple stakeholders and supporting teams including, Engineering, Operations, Cybersecurity, Networks Product Management and Desktop Support. This Project Manager requires agile mindset and project governance constituting Hybrid and Agile framework, that includes working with Product team to create product roadmaps, facilitate product backlog refinement, release planning, and design sprints, generate weekly project reporting, and establish sustainable product development cadence.
The project manager needs to have excellent documentation skills from the early project plan through to decision recording, consistent reporting organized inventory, storage. Ensure that a full set of projects and “as-built” drawings both electronic and hard copy has been completed following a successful project. Work with Operations team to on-board new and upgraded rooms successfully into operational support to meet acceptance criteria. This role is for a specific project and its vital the Project Manager has existing experience with Microsoft Teams, Zoom and meeting room AV technology. A good understanding of networks is also preferred.
- Act as Scrum Master to facilitate sprint planning, daily stand-ups, reviews, retrospectives and celebrating success.
- Collaborate with other PMs and PMO to ensure hybrid and agile process-adherence.
- Facilitate stakeholder engagement, decision-making, and conflict resolution.
- Create a positive, collaborative, and cohesive project environment.
- Manage project commitments and deliverables.
- Remove impediments and mitigate risks and dependencies.
- Enhance accountability, transparency, and adaptability.
- Drive communication, improve velocity, and radiate information.
- Assist in team delivery while holding teams accountable for their commitments.
- Leverage organizational resources to improve capacity for project work.
- Communicating asynchronously with project team members and stakeholders.
- Work with vendors on equipment delivery, installation, and project deployments. Hold vendor accountable for project deliverables and timelines.
- Proven 3-5 years in a collaboration services Project Manager role.
- Knowledge of MS Teams, Zoom and Audio visual meeting room equipment/services
- Lead the planning, assessments, and implementation of key digital projects within the collaboration platforms workplace.
- Ability to prioritize and work under pressure is crucial.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Have the ability to ‘lead by example’.
- Strong familiarity with Hybrid and Agile frameworks – Waterfall, Scrum and Kanban.
- Scrum Master certification and agile project management experience a plus.
- Substantial experience in managing complex and fast-paced projects.
- Proactive execution, collaborating with a global set of internal stakeholders.
- Good interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Good reasoning skills with the ability to solve problems effectively and creatively.
- Well organized and self-motivated with strong attention to detail.
- Passion for managing cross-functional teams and driving results.
- Ability to read and interpret floor plans, working drawings and schematics.
- Excellent vendor management.
- Strong attention to detail in creating comprehensive project documentation.
- Ability to handle scope changes and communicate adjustments effectively.
- Understanding of network infrastructure, IP addressing and be able to troubleshoot network related issues affecting AV.
- Jira, Confluence, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, MS Project skills, CAD.
GSG is excited to offer its consultants a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity
As a diverse-owned business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.