Senior Consultant, Project Management
About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the Opportunity:
GSG is seeking a Project Manager to join our dynamic team. We deliver expertise talent for our business partners.
Under the general direction of the Corporate Digital Channels PMO Program Director, the Project Manager role manages the Digital Projects realm of Corporate Digital Channels. The individual is extremely adaptable and could manage multiple highly complex projects. The role requires exceptional communication skills and an ability to build and maintain working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved.
Line of Business-Specific Requirements: This person must have experience in implementing client facing digital technologies, preferably in the financial services or similarly regulated industry.
Project reporting, governance and transparency is also very essential and must be demonstrated through previous projects and success. Attention to detail and an ability to convey relevant information at summary and detailed levels is a key factor to success in this role. Requires experience in both waterfall and agile methodologies.
What you’ll do as a Project Manager:
- Collaborate with Product Owner (PO) and Tech Owners (TO) to identify, summarize and capture the Product Vision, Roadmap, and Backlogs
- Define and manage the Product Roadmap in JIRA: Idea to Initiative to EPIC to User Story
- Partner with PO and TO on monthly progress update to present at Functional Lead meeting
- Plan, facilitate and summarize new Product Increment planning events (done each quarter)
- Help manage risks and dependencies crossing workstreams
- Escalate and track impediments crossing workstreams
- Provide input on resourcing to address critical bottlenecks
- Work with the Enterprise Portfolio Office (EPO) on program execution and operational excellence
- Understand and operate within Budgets, complete monthly Hyperion forecast
- Provide Dashboard reporting to PO for bi-monthly Business Product Updates meeting as required
- Will be required to drive developing business requirements, process flows, use cases, test plans and other work streams related activities and artifacts.
- Leads and manages all aspects of project planning within and across related projects including scope, budget, financial forecasting, and scheduling.
- May contribute and/or lead vendor relationship management for project-related vendors and coordinates initial contracts, contract renewals, and addenda to contracts with key project vendors.
- Monitors project and/or program execution and escalates project risks and issues early.
- Facilitates adoption of business process changes and leads project team and stakeholders through effective change management
- Develops detailed training, communication and rollout plans and manages business process changes
- Leads integration of multiple upstream and downstream data interfaces
- Manages time bound regulatory compliance projects impacting critical business functions
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Detailed understanding of digital banking products and services (consumer and/or business, web and/or mobile applications)
- Ten or more years of project / program management experience and demonstrated success in 5 or more years of digital banking experience. Requires advanced knowledge of project and program management principles.
- Demonstrated success with both Agile and Waterfall development methodologies. Ability to execute complex projects on time and within budget.
- Five or more years of experience that demonstrates an understanding of IT and/or banking operations systems and operations.
- Demonstrated knowledge in systems integration and management
- Business orientation with broad experience with banking processes, technology and change initiatives. Ability to exercise independent judgement and strategic thinking under a minimum of supervision.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Expertise in MS Office, Visio and Project.
- A four year degree and / or equivalent professional experience.
GSG is excited to offer its consultants a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity:
As a diverse-owned business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.