Senior Consultant, Project Management
About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the Opportunity:
GSG is seeking a Project Manager to join our dynamic team. We deliver expertise talent for our business partners. Reporting within the Program Management Office (PMO), the Project Manager role will lead large and medium cross-functional projects. This role requires flexibility and nimbleness to manage multiple efforts, drive requirements gathering and solutions design, and ultimately manage the implementation of these projects.
You will be expected to work closely with Business and IT partners to drive the execution of a broad range of projects. She/he works with project stakeholders to design solutions and then translates high-level desires and ideas into tangible business requirements/User stories.
- Collaborates with the product owner, Solution Architect, and other team members to facilitate and conduct Feature Map workshops to understand the business needs and challenges using consultation, team workshops, and other frameworks as appropriate.
- Helps in development of epics and drives the functional elaboration & decomposition into user-stories and tasks.
- Leads the team in identifying and implementing cost-effective and efficient solutions to business problems.
- Identifies critical path decisions, makes recommendations, and influences key stakeholders and business process owners.
- Manages daily activities, issue resolution, and communication across project execution team(s).
- Responsible for the overall success of the project and ensures the project is completed on time and within budget and that projects are aligned with the business’ strategies.
- Ability to develop strong partnerships with Product Owners and Solution Architects.
- Lead team of peers to work on pieces of larger projects where appropriate.
- Be a great communicator across all audiences, and can effectively influence, drive negotiations, and build consensus. Be prepared to prove it.
- Proven ability in leading project teams and managing complex high visibility projects across multiple stakeholders from ideation to implementation.
- Have hands-on experience successfully driving high visibility projects.
- Understand how Agile and Waterfall methods behave, the conflict they create, and most important, how to work effectively when both methods are present and help coach others as needed.
- Be extremely comfortable working in ambiguous situations while helping drive the entire team to clarity.
- Effective user of JIRA.
- Ability to take complex problems and decompose them into well organized, logical, and detailed descriptions to facilitate problem-solving. Have examples ready.
- Have prior experience with integrating in-house systems and outsourced vendor platform products.
- Ability to work with both technical and non-technical teams and stakeholders. In short, you can communicate to either audience seamlessly.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Successful completion of at least 2-3 large sized, cross-functional projects involving multiple systems in a team-based environment.
- 7+ years managing projects with industry accepted tools.
- 7+ years gathering and documenting requirements for business solutions.
- 3+ year leading sprint planning and retrospectives.
- Strong business analysis and technical documentation skills experience with cost-benefit analysis.
- MBA or another advanced degree.
- Experience as part of a team building customer-facing web and mobile products using modern tools and techniques.
- Experience working in the financial services industry, especially wealth management.
- Experience assessing, implementing, and using software tools in the investment management industry.
- Previous successful transition to Agile from Waterfall experience.
- Nice to Have – We will not discount these if you have them, but we also value great experience w/proven results.
- SCRUM Certified.
GSG is excited to offer its consultants a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity:
As a diverse-owned business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.