Senior Consultant, Project Management
About our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the Opportunity:
GSG is seeking a Project Manager for our client in the financial services industry. Manages initiatives with moderate to high scope and complexity. Leads project team members and business/technical partners. Partners with leaders to deliver value and to achieve business strategies and objectives. Manages initiatives, projects, and programs to accelerate achievement of business value. Shapes, drives, and implements innovative approaches and solutions within and across the enterprise to achieve desired business outcomes. Partners and consults with various business and technical partners to deliver iterative business value and achieve business strategy and objectives.
- Program Communication & Administration (25%):
- Develops and presents project communications to influence key internal and external stakeholders to focus on transparent rapid business value delivery.
- Ensures program alignment—with shorter iterations and faster or reduced time to market—and success by monitoring program, industry, functional, or technology trends.
- Understands customer journey to guide and deliver business outcomes.
- Develops appropriate communication plans for influencing multiple decision makers; secures commitment for project decisions; advises project/program teams to communicate solution vision and priorities.
- Contributes to communities of practices and project community forums to address ongoing needs for the project professional community.
- Leverages and understands enterprise- or industry-specific best practices or lessons learned that impact the organization, shares with the project professional community.
- Project Delivery (20%):
- Sets project expectations and strategy and ensures the development of organizational change plans and project financials.
- Contributes to solutions options and supports business partner decision-making to minimize the amount of project investment divergence from target outcomes.
- Partners with project teams to identify opportunities for creating reusable enterprise artifacts.
- Leads project/program teams to identify measurable business value to ensure metrics are gathered and business objectives are realized.
- Leads project/program team to continually focus on business strategy/vision and prioritizes based on delivery of business value.
- Manages through ambiguity; manages and resolves conflict, issues, and risks to remove barriers within the project/program and team, while continuing momentum on initiatives.
- Identifies and manages inter-dependencies within projects and delivers integrated responses, as appropriate.
- Leads the iteration of high-value solutions using the test and learn approach with business and technology partners; recommends alternative solutions, as appropriate.
- Consultant (20%):
- Challenges, when appropriate, to drive the initiatives and project/program team forward.
- Consults with teams, stakeholders, and business leaders to identify and resolve emerging business needs.
- Collaborates with business/technology partners and leaders to identify value drivers.
- Collaborates and partners with leaders to understand trade-offs and align to program vision; assesses the different types of support required to achieve goals that also achieve business value.
- Develops business solutions and partners with business/technology to align with overall strategy of the business.
- Provides partners and leaders with an accurate view of challenges to adoption; recognizes, clarifies, and prioritizes concerns.
- Manages key partners’ and stakeholders’ expectations, in accordance with changes in the business, technology, or environment.
- Contributes to change activities for projects/programs across the organization.
- Team Leadership (15%):
- Motivates and inspires teams to coalesce and commit to shared purpose.
- Drives team effort and promotes team coordination.
- Creates a collaborative environment for distributed or virtual teams.
- Provides guidance, feedback, coaching, and mentoring to project team members.
- Strategy & Analysis (20%):
- Coordinates, supports, and influences business priorities, as needed; ensures alignment with strategic goals.
- Effectively engages stakeholders and consults with senior leaders and executives to define measurable business value and benefits.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience: Typically has 5-8 years related experience
- Requires in-depth conceptual and practical knowledge in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines
- Solves a wide range of complex problems
- Works independently, receives minimal guidance
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
- Analysis – Data and Business Process Analysis
- Business Software – Microsoft Office
- Business Software – Microsoft Project
- Project Management Tool – Confluence
- Project Management Tool – Jira
- Testing – Application and User Testing
- Licenses and Certifications:
- Certified Disciplined Agilist – Disciplined Agile Consortium.
- Project Management Professional – PMI.
GSG is excited to offer its consultants a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG Commitment to Diversity:
GSG is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.