Consultant, Product Management
About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the Opportunity:
GSG is seeking a Product Owner to join our dynamic AWM Ops Change Mobilization Team. The team partners with Operations, Technology and Business leadership to take the best of what we do, within and across LOBs, and drive deliberate cross-pollination across AWM Operations teams, promoting global process consistency and standards. We focus on evolving the organization’s capabilities to move from lower to higher-value added tasks, and creating agile processes, teams and infrastructure that enable differentiated client experiences and outcomes. We follow a hypothesis-driven, data-informed approach to identify opportunities and employ co-design principles to create effective, scalable, well controlled solutions. Those solutions seek to differentially equip our people and support their development as Operations professionals of the future. We serve the broader organization and maintain a service-oriented attitude in all that we do.
As part of Change Mobilization, the Onboarding Product Owner team will re-imagine the full-life cycle of onboarding a client, work to enhance the experience for clients and advisors, and streamline and increase operational efficiencies. As a Product Owner, you will define the product vision, goals and objectives, requirements, and prioritizes delivery to maximize the business value of the investment.
Other key capabilities under Change Mobilization include Business Process and Decision Management, Intelligent Automation, Business Intelligence, Analytics, Service Design, and various product teams.
The desired consultant will partner closely with Design, Operations, Technology and Business stakeholders on taking a feature or product through the entire product management lifecycle. They will lead a team to deliver robust feature sets to clients, advisors, and operations, and have a management style that fosters teamwork and collaboration.
Consultants should have excellent written and oral communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and outstanding analytical and research skills. In addition to being a seasoned, well trained professional, the successful candidate will be a strategic thinker with the ability to inspire confidence from, and to collaborate closely with technology leaders and internal stakeholders.
- Understand client and user needs. Invests in a deep understanding of the business opportunity, client needs and competitive landscape to inform which initiatives and features to pursue. Participates in user research to uncover customer needs and uses personas to inform feature definition so that it is relevant and useful.
- Defines strategy, operating model, and roadmap to achieve vision and business goals. Owns and drives a product roadmap to meet business goals and provide a world-class customer experience. Partners with developers and UX designers to deliver intuitive, differentiated user experience and validate design through user testing. Prioritizes and defines each feature to meet client and business goals, while also meeting control requirements.
- Leads the product development lifecycle by documenting requirements, ensuring sprint inputs (e.g. design and requirements) and outputs (e.g. tested code) are as envisioned, and providing direction and smart trade off decisions for the scrum team. Collaborates with other product and requirement owners and designers to deliver end-to-end product and experience. Partner with Technology to triage issues end to end until full resolution is achieved. Communicate issue resolution to appropriate parties and escalate issue as necessary to ensure proper response.
- Establish approach to pilot/rollout new capabilities, including objective/scope, population selection, communication, training/support, feedback/metrics. Work with Business to determine the right communication method for launch (e.g., morning call, email, Connect alert, etc.) and work with business to craft messaging. Post implementation review against business case.
- Embody true “customer-obsession” in identifying and leveraging user data, behavioral analytics, and key performance metrics, industry trends, and varying forms of customer and advisor feedback to shape our design and roadmap.
- Develop and maintain deep relationships with delivery partners across including senior leaders in the Business, Technology, Design, Operations, Servicing, Digital and control functions across lines of business.
- 3-5 years of experience in financial services, preferably with experience in wealth management, asset management, digital banking, or a closely related business leading strategic or transformational change.
- Experience building a strategy and roadmap across a large, diverse, global organization.
- Experience managing product delivery across multiple workstreams with varying timelines, priorities and complexities, ultimately launching new / enhanced product to market
- Ability to prioritize projects, say ‘no’ when required, and ensure our organization is on track to execute and deliver strategic change that meets our goals.
- Proven ability to execute via successful internal partnerships with other organizations.
- Influence peers with diverse points of view and build consensus.
- Excellent leadership skills – of product, programs, projects, teams and employees – with demonstrated track record for attracting and retaining top talent.
- Structured thinker, effective communicator with excellent written communication skills.
- Ability to crisply articulate complex technical concepts to senior audiences with poise and confidence.
- Highly self-motivated and ability to remain calm under intense pressure.
- Strong understanding of different technological development methodologies (e.g., Agile, Waterfall) and design techniques with ability to successfully lead regardless of approach.
GSG is excited to offer its consultants excellent compensation and a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity:
As a diverse-owned business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Granite Solutions Groupe has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy requiring Covid-19 vaccinations for all employees.