About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions. GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the Opportunity: GSG is seeking a Product Owner to join our dynamic team. The Product Owner is a servant leadership role bringing the highest value work to one or more agile scrum teams by working with a variety of stakeholders, subject matter experts, leaders, team members and the Product Manager to prepare and prioritize a product (team) backlog that places the highest value items at the top
- Partner with Product Manager, other Product Owners and stakeholders to develop the overall product vision and end-to-end product backlog
- Manage, refine and prioritize the product (team) backlog
- Accountable for the following items, even if the delivery team assists with completion of them:
- Provide backlog items, in the form of user stories, that are clearly understood by the delivery team
- Sort the product backlog in order of customer/business value or in the best way that will allow the team to meet its goals.
- Ensure the product (team) backlog is visible and transparent to the team, necessary stakeholders, and leadership
- Drive continuous improvement
- Coordinate dependent work with other Product Owners when requests cross teams
- May re-prioritize the product (team) backlog based upon feedback from necessary stakeholders, leaders and team members looking at broader portfolio / organizational needs
- Build strong working relationship with stake holders
- Have the courage to make and defend decisions based on input of all stakeholders and the value of the feature/functions to the product
- Creates product vision, strategy and roadmap in partnership with key business leaders, stakeholders and Product Owners
- Creates and/or Maps Key Performance Indicators (KPI) that lead to customer outcomes/business value
- Ensures reporting and analytics are in place for measuring value and identifying future opportunities
- Looks to market analysis and customer feedback to identify future opportunities
- Gets involved in new work assessment representing the Product; Represents the Product and Product Owners in appropriate prioritization and trade-off activities (help get the right work to the right team at the right time)
- Leads product level definition and backlog activities, including workshop facilitation, product backlogs and artifact creation
- Ensures continuous Planning activities are in place
- Coordinates across teams to ensure integrated, deployable feature sets
- Helps resolve cross-team issues with Product Owners, other Product Managers, Stakeholders, Project or Program Sponsors
- Reviews and approves deliverables and artifacts as necessary
- Creates appropriate stakeholder forum(s) to review vision, strategy, activities and results
- Ensures stakeholders are prepared in advance for key Planning events
- Works with assigned Legal-Compliance-Control leads to ensure involvement in appropriate key events; Ensures requests and decisions are documented appropriately
- Reviews retrospectives and drives continuous improvement
- Mentors (Manages) Product Owners
- Leads the end-to-end Product Management team, a group of cross-functional leaders
- Serves as Project or Program Sponsor when appropriate for projects/programs within their area
GSG is excited to offer its consultants excellent compensation and a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity:
As a diverse-owned business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.