Manager, Product Management
About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the Opportunity:
GSG is seeking a Product Owner to lead a Customer Onboarding initiative within our client’s Asset Management group. As the Product Owner for Customer Onboarding, you will help define our client’s strategy and roadmap to ensure new customer integrations and enterprise customer features are successful. You will work cross-functionally with engineering, operations, and support to launch new features for the platform.
The ideal consultant is a highly organized and self-motivated leader who designs customer-centered products, manages a product release plan, flexibly adapts to internal & market forces, and has superior influencing / relationship management skills.
- Deliver robust roadmaps using expertise in product management, customer & client experience, business engineering, technical architecture, and agile delivery.
- Lay out avenues to bring on new clients and migrate existing clients to a new platform.
- Work with stakeholders to develop a deep understanding of the customer and product needs, define success in customer onboarding and identify how to onboard customers more effectively.
- Provide clear vision and scope documentation, use cases, product requirements/epics/stories to support development.
- Develop and maintain stakeholder communications on the roadmap and approach.
- Partner with teams (product, design, technology, risk, legal, compliance, ops, marketing, sales…) to manage prioritization, resourcing, controls, readiness, and go-to-market plans and to streamline the customer onboarding process.
- Ensure the design of a product platform with APIs, services, and data-driven insights that deliver unique experiences across client journeys.
- Identify potential roadblocks and develop recommendations for delivery issues, change requests, pre-release QA, production issues.
- Manage testing completion in coordination with team leads, review testing plans, defects, requirement clarifications, and completion reports to ensure a smooth implementation of enhancements to the account opening and maintenance platform.
- Work in a working in a dynamic, Agile environment that facilitates rapid prototyping and short cycles.
- Accountable for the product backlog and prioritization of user stories with team members.
- Participate in Daily Scrums, Sprint Plan Meetings, Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives.
- Developing documentation, coordinating, and implementing guidelines, training and helping colleagues with the new onboarding tool.
- Computer Science and/or Engineering with finance background, MBA, or commercially focused degree.
- 7+ years in product development or platform transformation for digital channels &.
- 5+ years’ experience with modern technology stacks, including cloud, big data, microservices, API's, etc.
- 5+ years of Asset Management industry experience or equivalent knowledge of the asset management industry (i.e., back, and middle office operations, investment technology, compliance, etc.).
- Demonstrable experience of delivering successful products to market having held a relevant Product Ownership/Product Analysis role within a Financial Services environment.
- Knowledge of iterative and incremental development and Agile methodologies and frameworks and how to apply them.
- Experience in working with Agile / Scrum work environment as a Product Owner.
- Experience working in partnership with user experience teams on product design.
- The ability to rapidly assimilate complex functional and technical requirements.
- Prior experience actively seeking out multiple opinions yet making independent decisions and influencing positive outcomes.
- Comfortable with Agile artifacts such as User Stories, Continuous Integration, TDD, etc.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication with both technical and business audiences.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Outlook.
GSG is excited to offer its consultants excellent compensation and a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity:
As a diverse-owned business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.