Manager, Product Management
About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the Opportunity:
GSG is seeking a Program Governance Lead to perform the role of Product Manager & Governance Lead on our dynamic team. We have recently started a change initiative involving our portfolio of projects and how they communicate within and between them. We use Clarizen, a highly configurable, cloud-based tool as our corporate project and program management tool, to make strategic decisions.
We are looking for a seasoned, end-to-end Product Manager to lead updates to and usage of the project management tool, including strategy and implementation of features to optimize its use and achieve governance excellence with minimal bureaucracy.
To be successful in this role, the consultant should be passionate about optimizing processes and tools to solve business problems related to project and program management. This consultant will be creating and maintaining business architecture, recommending solutions to senior managers in the firm, and then executing on the change, which includes updating relevant documents, drafting and leading communication efforts, providing day-to-day support, creating reports and dashboards, and monitoring data for all projects and programs to ensure firm-wide policies and best practices are followed.
Qualified consultants should have the necessary soft skills – including collaboration and mentorship – to work across the firm with senior management and all levels of project and program managers. Work will include reviewing and processing data from different groups, helping teams update/add their data to the tool, and collaborating with project managers to understand what data is required for their teams and how that relates to firm-wide reporting. Must be a team player and ensure resulting reports are meaningful and helpful. Prior experience with Clarizen is preferred, but not required; an understanding of similar tool is essential.
- Partner with the executive and cross functional teams to identify key capabilities needed; identify and resolve potential issues.
- Lead and implement evergreen roadmap of both native and customized feature releases to optimize customer experience.
- Collaborate with our governance partner to recommend best practice plan for the utilization for the portfolio management and reporting tool.
- Provide regular reporting framework (update existing and design new reports), partnering with Tableau team.
- Facilitate sessions for education and training on the tool. This includes onboarding sessions for project managers joining the firm.
- Create and facilitate committee of Clarizen Champions to foster collaborative user adoption and incorporate feedback into dynamic roadmap.
- Configure out-of-the-box simple features and work with vendor/developer to implement complex needs.
- Provide day-to-day support to user base.
- Manage vendor relationship.
- 5+ years of Product Management.
- 5+ years of roadmap creation/execution, implementation, governance, and reporting.
- Ability to provide support while simultaneously addressing core obstacles with business partners.
- Ability to think both strategically and critically and tactically deliver on complex needs.
- Active listener with outstanding communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong meeting facilitation skills; able to present both visually and verbally and take succinct notes.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills.
- Outstanding visual instincts and a sense for messaging to executives.
- BS or BA degree, advanced degrees and certifications are a plus.
- 5+ years as a Product Manager, with experience in cloud-based, highly configurable digital tools like SharePoint, Clarizen, Jira, etc.
- Direct experience with Clarizen as an end user Project or Portfolio Manager is preferred but not required.
- Excellent video conferencing ability and video presence.
GSG is excited to offer its consultants a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity:
As a diverse-owned business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.