Consultant, Software Development
About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the Opportunity:
GSG is seeking an experienced Performance Engineer for our client in the financial services industry. We deliver expertise talent for our business partners.
- Hands on experience with Performance measurements, analysis, and optimization.
- Collect end to end monitoring requirements for Application and Systems monitoring.
- Work with Business, Development teams and Architects to have the instrumentation implemented across different components for performance monitoring.
- Analyze performance metrics and logs to identify opportunities for improving Performance and Scalability of systems.
- Understanding of cloud-scale and micro-services architecture.
- Expertise with tools like Splunk and New relic to monitor Production logs.
- Experience in optimizing system components utilization like CPU, Memory, network, and applications.
- Experience working with large scale distribution systems.
- Experience with Database systems, query optimization and tuning.
- Experience with setting up Production monitoring dashboards using application monitoring tools.
- Experience working with support teams to understand the Production issues and their root cause.
- Maintain and update the performance monitoring dashboards.
- Should be a good team player and work independently with different teams and vendors.
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering focusing on performance, scalability, and stability.
- 3+ years of experience in debugging application/infrastructure issues on cloud.
- 3+ years of experience in Banking and Financial services.
- 3+ Experience with monitoring tools like Splunk, New Relic, Solar Winds.
- Experience with Cloud technologies – Azure, AWS.
- Experience with collaboration tools like JIRA, Confluence.
- Experience with scripting languages like Python.
- Strong communication skills with ability to lead discussions.
GSG is excited to offer its consultants excellent compensation and a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity:
As a diverse-owned business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.