Consultant, Applications Development
About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the Opportunity:
GSG is seeking a .Net Developer to join our dynamic team. We deliver expertise talent for our business partners.
- Design and implement cloud and on-prem based applications predominantly in C# and .Net.
- Refactor ZM job server and calculation engine modules from .Net Remoting to Restful API and Message Queue.
- Develop effective unit tests, automated functional tests, and limited end-to-end integration tests to ensure the highest quality products.
- Participate in code reviews and general troubleshooting of software applications in a team development environment.
- Produce meaningful documentation relating to the development cycle including high-level design, deployment, and modeling of complex interactions.
- Study and understand edge software design techniques and methods, computing platforms, and general software engineering practices.
- BS in Computer Science, or similar fields.
- 3 years of experience in software application development using .Net framework / .Net Core.
- Experience with .Net Remoting/WCF.
- Efficient with SQL language, preferably in MS SQL Server environment.
- Knowledge of general OOP design patterns and best practice.
- Experience with Message Queue technologies, e.g., MSMQ, Rabbitmq, AWS SQS.
- Proven record delivering software from inception to deployment using structured development practices and methodologies.
- Experience working in an Agile/SCRUM development environment.
- Experience with Version Control Systems including TFS and Github.
- Experience with AWS platform.
- Redis Cache / Cache design patterns.
- Working knowledge of native cloud design patterns and technologies.
- Experience with scripting languages including Python, PowerShell.
GSG is excited to offer its consultants excellent compensation and a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity:
As a diverse-owned business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.