Senior Manager, Regulation and Compliance
About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the Opportunity:
GSG is seeking a Legal Consultant to join our dynamic team. We deliver expertise talent for our business partners.
- Negotiating and drafting both complex and simple agreements including developing contract templates, EULAs and website TOUs and contracts on a variety of matters, including, technology, data, marketing, real estate, HR, aircraft, facilities, events, etc.
- Researching laws and regulations applicable to the Company and advising on appropriate legal action, including drafting policies where appropriate.
- Counseling a wide array of business units and Company executives on contract issues and legal risks and crafting viable solutions to complex legal issues.
- Partnering with business units to complete project goals while protecting the Company’s interest and mitigating legal risks.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- J.D. and License to practice law in California or another State Bar and/or certification as registered In-House Counsel, depending on location.
- 5+ years’ experience at a law firm or major in-house legal department with full range of technology related transactions and general commercial transactions.
- Experience managing difficult negotiations and offering flexible and practical solutions to mitigate risks.
- Be client-focused with excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- Familiarity with SaaS and on-premises software licensing issues.
- Knowledge of intellectual property laws, UCC and international privacy and related laws specifically as relevant to the financial services industry and its clients.
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Knowledge of business desktop applications (i.e.: Microsoft Word, Excel etc.).
- Experience drafting contract templates, EULAs and website TOUs preferred.
- Knowledge of Coupa or other contract management software solutions desirable.
GSG is excited to offer its consultants excellent compensation and a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity:
As a diverse-owned business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.