Consultant, Risk Management
About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the Opportunity:
GSG is seeking a IT Risk Manager to join our dynamic team. As the IT Risk Manager, you will play a critical second line of defense role to make sure the bank is resilient to technology, information security and vendor related risks. You will be part of the Operational Risk Management team and in partnership with Information Technology, Information Security, and Vendor Management teams, support the various risk managing activities. This includes develop and monitor metrics to measure and report on the Company’s overall IT and Vendor risks. Other activities include supporting Risk and Control Self Assessments and risk reporting for board and risk committees. This role will also include controls consultation in support of compliance with established policies, standards, and regulatory guidance, and will include the use of data analytics to assess and identify potential risks.
One of the key components to be successful in this role is to build collaborative, trusting relationships with business leaders and colleagues. You will develop partnerships between risk owners/ managers (1st line), independent risk management (2nd line), and Internal Audit (3rd line) to provide an aggregate view of risk across the bank. Your reach and impact extends to risk management colleagues across the organization through partnering with key stakeholders to provide an enterprise view of risks and the various risk managing activities.
The ideal consultant will have excellent communication and writing skills, and the ability to quickly develop a working knowledge of the Bank’s technology, processes, policies, and procedures. They will possess the ability to interact with all levels of staff including senior and executive management and a proven track record of effective management of projects and competing priorities.
- Identify, measure and monitor risks through a repeatable, aggregated framework. Using the ERM framework and partnering with Information Services, Information Security and Vendor Management, identify and document top enterprise-wide technology and vendor risks (including controls, breakpoints, and relevant action plans).
- Participate in reviews of IT-related enterprise-level and targeted risk assessments, such as risk assessments for large critical implementations, FFIEC Cyber Security assessment, SWIFT, and other IT risk assessments.
- Assist in identifying, advising, and evaluating controls in support of IT risk assessments. This includes design and control effectiveness and associated risk mitigation or risk management plans.
- Develop quality documentation of risks, controls, assessments, process flows, gaps, and action plans.
- Manage time and resources of the various activities, including planning, tracking, prioritizing, and reporting progress.
- Perform duties & responsibilities specific to department functions & activities or as assigned by supervisor.
- Assist the VP, ERM in overseeing and developing staff’s skills to support in the activities listed above.
- 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: quality assurance, financial services administration, loan documentation, loan servicing, underwriting or risk evaluation demonstrated through work or military experience.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills Ability to interact with all levels of an organization.
GSG is excited to offer its consultants excellent compensation and a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity:
As a diverse-owned business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.