Manager, Project Management
About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the Opportunity:
GSG is seeking an Infrastructure Technical Lead to join our dynamic team. The role requires a blend of technical and business project management skills. The ideal consultant will have technical expertise and the ability to manage projects in an Agile environment. The Consultant will be a strategic thinker who is flexible, adaptable, can work independently and is proactive in delivering results.
- Provide hands-on project management for all aspects of technology initiatives, including timeline, cost, resource allocation, system engineering, vendor selection/management, solution delivery, and implementation.
- Direct technical activities and collaborate with various groups to understand business, financial, architectural, testing, life cycle and infrastructure requirements of the project, including the optimal planning and utilization of information technology resources.
- Lead the coordination and communication of project lifecycle from ideation, design, development, deployment, operations, and decommissioning.
- Analyze and understand infrastructure requirements and design and deploy technical solutions.
- Assign and monitor work of technical personnel, ensuring that project steps are in alignment with business objectives, on-time and within budget.
- Document and oversee Change Management requirements ensuring alignment with standard IT Change Management procedures.
- Implement, monitor, and document infrastructure security and compliance in collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
- Perform project delivery functions ensuring the successful implementation of new systems, platforms, and upgrades.
- Facilitate sprint planning and other scrum meetings.
- Track Project deliverables and perform reporting using tools like JIRA and Confluence.
- Be both technically hands-on and a people manager.
- Work on constantly increasing the productivity of the team.
- Minimum BS degree (MS desired) in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years’ experience managing projects developing and/or deploying IT systems or infrastructure, software applications, or integrating new IT capabilities into existing environments.
- Demonstrable experience leading Agile projects as a Scrum Master or Project Manager.
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly credible leadership to development teams and to be able to evaluate complex project risks and issues accurately and objectively.
- IT knowledge on different technical areas (backend, frontend, networking, etc.) and software development lifecycle best practices.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum; Jira; Confluence; Smartsheets.
- Ability to decompose large initiatives into constituent projects and executable technology delivery goals.
- Self-directed, works with limited management direction and exercise considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment.
- Superior written and oral communication skills with an ability to communicate across all levels of an organization.
- Demonstrate proven ability to lead multi-discipline teams, analyze problems, propose solutions, drive issues to resolution, and make decisions, both individually and when leading a group to reach a conclusion.
GSG is excited to offer its consultants excellent compensation and a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity:
As a diverse-owned business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.