Consultant, Information Security
About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the Opportunity:
GSG is seeking an Information Security Specialist to join our client’s Engineering and Technology team. The Information Security Specialist will play a critical role in ensuring the security, integrity, and compliance of our client’s information assets and technology infrastructure. This individual will be responsible for a range of infrastructure-related projects with a strong security-first mindset, ensuring operability, scalability, and performance while actively contributing to the development and execution of the organization’s information security and cybersecurity strategy.
- Infrastructure-Related Projects:
- Lead and contribute to infrastructure projects, always prioritizing security, scalability, operability, and performance.
- Act as a hands-on expert in cloud-based technologies, with a strong focus on security.
- Cloud Security Architecture:
- Serve as a subject matter expert in cloud security architecture.
- Build and implement security technologies and controls, considering performance, operability, and scalability.
- Expertise in AWS Cloud native technologies and their impact on security controls.
- Architect security solutions across multiple technology, application, and business teams.
- Ability to work in a multi-cloud environment, including AWS and Azure.
- Information Risk Management:
- Help establish and execute the organization’s information security and cybersecurity strategy in alignment with industry standards and best practices.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of information security policies and procedures.
- Ensure consistent enforcement of the organization’s information security program across the organization and its operational regions.
- Monitor and assess cybersecurity threats and vulnerabilities, evaluating their potential impact and recommending appropriate responses.
- Collect and analyze security metrics, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) to provide meaningful insights to the CISO, Engineering Technology, business leaders, and the Security and Technology Committee.
- Collaborate with HR to design and implement information security training programs to meet security requirements and address cybersecurity threats.
- Perform regular risk assessments for the company and critical business components to identify and mitigate information security threats and risks.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., Information Security, Computer Science) or equivalent work experience.
- Proven experience in infrastructure projects with a focus on security.
- Expertise in cloud security architecture, particularly in AWS.
- Strong knowledge of information risk management and cybersecurity best practices.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Relevant certifications (e.g., CISSP, CISM, AWS Certified Security) would be a plus.
- Familiarity with multi-cloud environments and security considerations.
GSG is excited to offer its consultants a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity:
As a diverse-owned business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.