Consultant, Software Development
About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
GSG is seeking an experienced Principal Engineer to join our dynamic team. As a Full Stack Engineer, it is essential you bring your sharp problem-solving skills, as well as your collaborative mindset, to be successful. You will play a pivotal role in the transformation and modernization of our client’s advisor-facing web platform.
- Hands-on development utilizing OOP language Java/ C#.
- Sound knowledge of the .NET Core framework.
- The ability to understand the importance of key business initiatives and lead others to collaborate in a team environment.
- Get on-board quickly to help develop and drive the pace for new key projects.
- Have a good understanding of Messaging or Streaming technologies like Kafka/ Event Hubs.
- A good understanding of Linux Commands.
- The ability to transform our development efforts from waterfall to agile methodology.
- The ability to work on multiple and concurrent projects.
- The ability to interface seamlessly with project managers, business analysts and build engineers on a daily basis in a collaborative environment.
- An entrepreneurial spirit with an “all hands-on deck” and team player mentality.
- Problem solving skills and ability to “think outside of the box” as you add value in technical situations.
- Flexibility while consistently being on top of your technical game.
- Your technical expertise to both your own code and peer reviews.
- Experience developing and implementing unit testing in past roles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to deliver in a fast-paced and goals-based environment with time-bound deliverables.
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet deadlines.
- Skilled in collaboration, enjoys working with others and achieving results as a team.
- 4-year college degree in relevant field, or equivalent work experience.
- Relevant and current web application and browser scripting language experience.
- Experience in .NET/ Java, C#, Kafka technologies, and JSON.
- 2+ years of experience working in design and/or developer roles in a high-tech organization.
- Experience with Splunk (or other log management applications) and root cause analysis
- Experience with AppDynamics (or other application performance monitoring solutions)
- Experience in scripting language like PowerShell
- Good at documentation and willingness to contribute.
GSG is excited to offer its consultants excellent compensation and a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity:
As a diverse-owned business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.