Consultant, Applications Development
About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the Opportunity:
GSG is seeking an experienced Full Stack Developer to join our dynamic team. Our client is undergoing a significant modernization effort, transitioning from an old-school tech stack to a more contemporary and scalable environment. As a Full Stack Developer, you will play a role in this transformation, contributing both front-end and back-end expertise to ensure a seamless and efficient transition. The ideal candidate should have experience in .NET, Azure, React, and be familiar with the Snowflake data platform.
- Contribute to the modernization effort, bridging the gap between legacy systems and the new technology stack.
- Handle both front-end and back-end development tasks, ensuring seamless integration between systems.
- Collaborate in transitioning data storage from SQL to Snowflake, writing Snowflake code to support backend operations.
- Provide procedural support and expertise in Snowflake development.
- Write Snowflake code to support backend operations and data processing.
- Participate in the evolution from on-premises .NET to Azure.NET, with a specific focus on React for front-end development.
- Leverage SQL expertise for effective database management.
- Perform database maintenance tasks, such as backups and migrations.
- Write unit tests and conduct thorough testing of applications.
- Identify and debug issues, ensuring high-quality, bug-free code.
- Leverage experience with Azure.net to facilitate the migration of applications to the cloud.
- Collaborate with the team to plan and execute a smooth transition from on-premises to cloud-based infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- 7-10 years of experience in full-stack development.
- Strong proficiency in .NET on perm and SQL as a database and Azure.net.
- Hands-on experience with React for front-end development.
- Experience in migrating applications from on-premises to the cloud.
- Front-end development experience using React.
- Familiarity with Snowflake as a data platform and ability to write and optimize Snowflake code and procedural support experience in Snowflake is a plus.
- Solid understanding of database design and optimization.
- Experience working with investment platforms is a plus.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a proactive approach to challenges.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Adaptability and a willingness to learn new technologies.
- Familiarity with DevOps practices.
GSG is excited to offer its consultants excellent compensation and a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity:
As a diverse-owned business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.