About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the Opportunity:
GSG is seeking a Full Stack Developer to support an ongoing initiative at our financial services client.
- Design and implementation of highly complex data solution ingestion, curation and developing analytical areas of a data platform.
- Utilizes technology tools to enhance data analysis and data presentation skills to identify issues or gaps.
- Application architecture deliverables that are consistent with architecture principles, standards, methodologies, and organization's best practices
- Design data services and reusable frameworks, for the data for data analysts and other investment professionals to easily access data
- Works with vendors in the area of risk to understand and resolve issues related to the calculation of risk metrics and to identify how technology utilization and enhancements can improve issue resolution.
- Works closely with investment risk managers to gather requirements and design optimal reporting solutions.
- Maintains a comprehensive understanding of relevant contemporary software stacks and has a keen interest in and/or willingness to learn about financial markets and quantitative research techniques.
- Play a key role in architecting future risk platform solutions
- Monitor and evaluate competitive applications, products, new technologies and practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Leads general system maintenance and upgrades (server refresh, database upgrades, etc.). Liaises with other internal IT teams to release code changes and as needed to resolve system / technical issues for the team. May from time to time also liaise with other internal teams like the Risk and Compliance teams.
- Undergrad degree Degree in Finance, Data Science, Computer Science or related field – Graduate Degree Desirable
- 5+ years of experience in full stack software development
- In-depth experience in SQL and Python. C# is a plus
- Intermediate or advance experience with Visualization tool like Power BI
- Experience with MSCI Barra, FactSet, Bloomberg or similar investment data
- Experience with building statistical, ML models highly desirable
- Experience in cloud computing e.g. Snowflake, Microsoft Azure.
- Practical experience in using Web application development, Microservices, Docker/Kubernetes, Linux server
- Well versed with Git / BitBucket. test automation
- Basic knowledge of statistical theory and a good understanding of financial instruments and markets.
- Self- starter, highly motivated, and capable of delivering output independently as well as in a team environment
- Excellent organization, communication, and a diligent approach to problem solving are required.
GSG is excited to offer its consultants excellent compensation and a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity:
As a diverse-owned business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Granite Solutions Groupe has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy requiring Covid-19 vaccinations for all employees.