Consultant, Financial Analysis
About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the Opportunity:
GSG is seeking a Financial Engineer to join our dynamic team. We are integrating and developing financial engines for our Risk & Finance foundation. The engines leverage modern architecture and methods that allow for modular development and scaling. This is a core financial engineering role in our quantitative development team. This role impacts the organization by improving the quality and time-to-market of financial engines through a combination of both analytical and software development skillsets.
A successful consultant will have experience implementing complex, large scale analytics in the financial sector. To be successful in the role you should have a good understanding of advanced quantitative techniques and methods, probability, and econometrics.
- Apply advanced analytics to build/improve financial engines.
- Experience in parallel/distributed computation is highly preferred.
- Collaborate with the research teams to develop, validate, and implement new ideas with a proof-of-concept, prototype, and production solutions.
- Partner with Quantitative Financial Analysts that will develop test plans and testing automation.
- Work with software engineering and foundation teams to understand and leverage the cloud architecture and bring software development best practices.
- Master’s or PhD with an emphasis in financial engineering, computer science, engineering,
- math, finance, economics, or a related quantitative field preferred.
- 2 – 8+ years’ professional experience in a quantitative environment.
- Proven track record in hands-on development of modern, large scale financial analytics.
- Solid knowledge of interest rate modeling, fixed income, and related financial theory.
- Strong quantitative skills and complex analytical problem-solving ability.
- Strong design and development skills, preferably including C#, C++, SQL, and Python.
- Ability to effectively communicate with multiple stakeholders, including fundamental and quantitative researchers, technology partners, and senior management.
GSG is excited to offer its consultants excellent compensation and a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity:
As a diverse-owned business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.