Consultant, Financial Analysis
About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the Opportunity:
GSG is looking for a Tax Specialist to support the Product team at our financial services client. Our client has launched a proprietary Wealth Management offering through a patented B2B2C digital product via various distribution channels covering various global geographies. The product has been built with several years of underlying research involving Mathematical Finance and Behavioral Finance and we are now looking for an exceptional Tax Specialist to join our team, to help advise the Product development team on matters related to various types of federal and state Taxation in Retirement Planning, Liquidity needs and Capital gains as it pertains to Taxable accounts, Tax Deferred accounts and Tax free accounts across Equity products and Bond products
- The candidate should have worked in a SaaS Product organization that offers Technology enabled Tax filing, calculation and optimization services. Eg: companies such as Abound, getApril, Columntax, catch.co, unitedincome.com, helloplaybook.com or other similar.
- Should have a deep understanding of Tax Planning, Tax Optimization and Tax management in Retirement Investing using 401(K) accounts as well as Taxable accounts within a Multi-asset portfolio investment landscape.
- Should be an expert on Retirement Income nuances such as Roth conversions, RMDs, Social Security, Immediate Annuities, Deferred Annuities, Defined Benefits etc.
- Should have an excellent hands-on knowledge of how SaaS (Software-as-a-service) products work through APIs including request and response parameters.
- Should have a good understanding of technology infrastructure and should be comfortable with “tech-speak”.
- Understanding of technology metrics such as Response time, Security, Uptime etc would be a nice to have.
- Should have a good understanding of IRS laws, regulations, and guidelines as it relates to Taxation
- Understanding of Wealth Tax/Estate Tax and inheritance/planning considerations would be a nice to have.
- Understanding of user experience (UX) and business/commercial challenges
- Should be able to perform create test cases and perform business functionality testing and UAT testing as a subject matter expert and ensure/certify that the product is market ready.
Education (or equivalent experience):
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree in a relevant field
- A CPA who understands Technology would be highly preferred.
- Other Relevant certifications such as CFP, RMA would be ideal.
GSG is excited to offer its consultants excellent compensation and a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity:
As a diverse-owned business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Granite Solutions Groupe has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy requiring Covid-19 vaccinations for all employees.