Manager, Program Management
About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the Opportunity:
GSG is seeking an experienced, dynamic Scrum Master to join the Digital Channels team at our banking client. The Digital Channels team is responsible for client focused digital experiences that support our Consumer Private Banking, Corporate, and Private Wealth Management businesses. We are seeking a dynamic, organized leader to play a key role in supporting these efforts amidst the rapidly changing digital servicing and sales landscape.
The Digital Channels Scrum Master role within the Digital Channels business unit will oversee assigned work streams within the roadmap implementation. This person must have experience in implementing client facing digital technologies, preferably in the financial services or similarly regulated industry. To this end, the individual will be responsible for the overall project plan, assigning and tracking scrum teams. The Scrum Master is responsible for identifying and escalating risks and challenges and managing vendor relationships as well as dependencies with internal development teams and other impacted stakeholder groups. Duties include managing timelines, resolving problems, and coaching team members on Agile methodologies. The role requires exceptional communication skills and an ability to build and maintain working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved.
What you’ll do as a Scrum Master
- Manage each project’s scope and timeline
- Coordinate sprints, retrospective meetings, and daily stand-ups
- Coach team members in Agile frameworks
- Facilitate internal and external communication and effective collaboration
- Work with product owners to handle backlogs and new requests
- Resolve conflicts and remove obstacles that occur
- Help teams implement changes effectively
- Ensure deliverables are up to quality standards at the end of each sprint
- Guide development teams to higher scrum maturity
- Help build a productive environment where team members ‘own’ the product and enjoy working on it
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Detailed understanding of digital banking products and services (consumer and/or business, web and/or mobile applications)
- Five or more years of project / program management experience and demonstrated success in 5 or more years of digital banking experience. Requires advanced knowledge of project and program management principles.
- Excellent knowledge of Scrum techniques and artifacts (such as definition of done, user stories, automated testing, backlog refinement)
- Excellent communication and servant leadership skills
- Problem-solving and conflict-resolution ability
- Demonstrated success with both Agile and Waterfall development methodologies. Ability to execute complex projects on time and within budget.
- Five or more years of experience that demonstrates an understanding of IT and/or banking operations systems and operations.
- Demonstrated knowledge in systems integration and management
- Business orientation with broad experience with banking processes, technology and change initiatives. Ability to exercise independent judgement and strategic thinking under a minimum of supervision.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Expertise with Jira and Confluence.
- A Four-year degree and / or equivalent professional experience.
GSG is excited to offer its consultants excellent compensation and a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity:
As a diverse-owned business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.