Consultant, Data Analysis
About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the Opportunity:
GSG is seeking a Derivatives and Data Operations Analyst to join our dynamic team. The Derivatives and Data Operations Analyst will be a key member of the Investment Operations department with a primary focus on asset data quality, security pricing and derivatives. The successful candidate will play a key role in managing operational risk, creating, and documenting efficient workflows, and supporting new initiatives for the firm. This person will work closely with other members of the Investment Operations and Technology teams as well as our Research Analysts, Portfolio Managers, and Traders. This position requires strong attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and an ability to work in a collaborative team atmosphere. Primary duties include the following:
- Analyzes and resolves complex data exceptions efficiently to ensure that data delivered to trading/compliance systems and investment management teams is accurate.
- Interface with front office teams to ensure integrity of investment related data and security pricing, including accurate and timely set up and maintenance of security characteristics and pricing data in our internal systems.
- Security pricing oversight, including daily challenge process and interaction with pricing vendors.
- Support the post-trade lifecycle for derivatives and other complex instruments.
- Provide day-to-day oversight for outsourced collateral management and derivatives operations functions, including coordination with vendor, brokers, and custodians where applicable.
- Liaise with internal derivatives traders as well as brokers for timely resolution of issues.
- Participate in firm-wide initiatives and projects as needed, including new product implementations by reviewing investment data needs and ensuring system readiness.
- Four-year college degree (B.S. or B.A) with an excellent academic record.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of the investment industry, financial markets, and different types of securities including equities, bonds, FX, and derivatives.
- Working knowledge of Eagle Pricing Center/SRM/STAR and Bloomberg preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to follow established work processes and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively and independently as well as contribute to a team environment.
GSG is excited to offer its consultants excellent compensation and a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity:
As a diverse-owned business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.