Senior Consultant, Data Analysis
About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the Opportunity:
GSG is seeking a Defect Manager to join our dynamic team. The Defect Manager shall work closely with the Business Readiness Delivery Director to manage the day to day identification, reporting and prioritization of defects with the owning project teams, Test Leads and Business Owners. This person will be responsible for coordinating the defect management across multiple Core project teams, upholding Bank’s processes and JIRA best practices, meeting with project teams to address questions and help manage the resolution of defects logged by each team. This person will report the status, issues, blockers, risks, schedule, and other KPIs relevant to the tracking and resolution of defects.
- Learn and uphold the defined Testing governance processes and JIRA/XRAY best practices amongst key project personnel across multiple Agile teams.
- Work closely with Test leads to help multiple teams with coordination & adoption of the SIT & end-to-end processes.
- This person will own the coordination of tactical identification, reporting and prioritization of defects across all CTP teams to facilitate and ensure each project team follows the planned sequence of SIT/E2E testing in collaboration with multiple other teams.
- This person owns the overall Testing Program level Defect tracking and will work with SIT/E2E test leads to ensure each individual team reports defects correctly per process, put through triage, prioritized, fixed and retested by the owning teams.
- Pull and analyze various KPI and progress reports from JIRA on status and progress of Testing and defects status and triage across multiple teams and report up to the Testing Core Program the status of defects, blockers and mitigations to ensure blockers are removed and risks are mitigated around the go live of the new IBS Core system for the Bank.
- 5-10 years of test execution and defect management experience.
- Well versed in using the Agile methodology to help teams drive their SIT/E2E testing activities in collaboration with multiple other teams in a predefined sequence of events.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher degree.
- 5+ years of banking experience is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong knowledge of Jira, Confluence and XRAY (JIRA Plug-in for Testing) is an asset.
GSG is excited to offer its consultants excellent compensation and a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity:
As a diverse-owned business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.