Consultant, Database Development
About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the Opportunity:
GSG is seeking an experienced Database Developer to join our dynamic team. Our client is in the process of overhauling their in-house Advisor-facing web platform. This initiative involves a comprehensive rewrite, wherein the existing platform is being deconstructed entirely, and a new version is being constructed using the latest technology stack. As a Database Developer, you will play a crucial role in the design, development, and maintenance of the database infrastructure.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand business requirements and translate them into efficient database structures.
- Design, implement, and maintain relational databases that support the wealth management platform’s data needs.
- Ensure scalability, performance, and data integrity in database architecture.
- Develop and maintain data models that align with business objectives and regulatory requirements.
- Optimize data models for performance and storage efficiency.
- Develop processes for efficiently transforming and organizing incoming data to meet the requirements of the new platform.
- Implement strategies for data normalization and integrity.
- Write complex SQL queries, stored procedures, and functions to support data retrieval and manipulation.
- Perform query optimization and performance tuning to enhance database efficiency.
- Collaborate with data integration teams to design and implement Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) processes.
- Ensure seamless data flow between various components of the wealth management platform.
- Troubleshoot and resolve data integration issues.
- Implement monitoring tools to proactively identify and address database performance issues.
- Conduct regular performance tuning and optimization activities.
- Work closely with software developers, analysts, and other stakeholders to understand data requirements and provide database solutions.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation for database schemas, data dictionaries, and processes.
- Assist in answering queries related to database functionality and performance.
- Troubleshoot and resolve database-related issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- 5+ years experience as a Database Developer.
- Strong proficiency in SQL and database management systems, such as Oracle, SQL Server, or PostgreSQL.
- Experience with data modeling tools and techniques.
- Familiarity with ETL processes and tools.
- Knowledge of database security best practices.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Must be highly detail oriented, meticulous, and self-directed.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Experience in the wealth management or financial services industry a plus.
- Tech Stack:
- PostgreSQL (must have)
- SQL Server
- Azure Synapse (nice to have)
- Agromessages (nice to have)
- In-memory data warehouse (nice to have)
- SQL, Advanced SQL
GSG is excited to offer its consultants a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity:
As a diverse-owned business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.