Consultant, Data Analysis
About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the Opportunity:
GSG is seeking a Data Visualization Designer to join our User Experience team. The consultant will to help translate large data sets and metrics into charts, graphs and other visuals. We build innovative, engaging and empowering web-based applications for financial analysis, and want to make it easy for our clients to identify and share trends, notice data outliers and separate the data from the noise to gain insights about their business.
Why is this role important to our success?
- We lead the market with extensive data and award-winning models. Our data visualizations should be of the highest quality. Let’s parter to define best practices for data visualization in our products, and implement solutions that reflect these best practices.
- We have an expanding family of products. It is essential that these products work together, sharing common data, interaction patterns, visual design and orientation/navigation cues. Standardizing our data visualization design will support our efforts to build trust and ease of use.
- More data visualization expertise will increase the value of the product design team. We will hit the mark with clients more when our designs are grounded in research and proper theory. Our clients will be happier, and our product design team will be even more indispensable.
- Work with Product Managers and Product Designers to clarify goals for new data visualizations.
- Translate requirements into design briefs and exploratory prototypes for new dashboards and embedded data visualizations. Select the right data visualization tools and patterns for the job.
- Perform heuristic evaluation of existing data visualization tools/implementations, and recommend/prioritize improvements.
- Work with the design team to specify and correctly implement financial data dashboards and widgets, to help drive sales, gather design feedback and empower development.
- Establish (and coach the UX/Product team on) best practices for big data visualization and dashboard design.
- Excellent visual design skills to support easy interpretation of data and accessibility.
- Picking the right visualizations so people can find insights from our data sets.
- Effective communication to all levels of stakeholders.
- Establishing best practices for integrating data visualization principles into the design process.
- Use of software tools to create artifacts such as research summaries and prototypes.
- Organizing and managing work independently.
- Flexibility, cordiality and creativity in dealing with project constraints.
- A portfolio of data visualization designs that you are proud to show.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles that drive information design, reflected in work examples.
- Visual design skills, including layout, color, composition and data visualization principles.
- Bachelor’s degree in design, psychology, data science or related discipline.
- 3-5 years experience providing data-driven insights for software product design.
- Ability to manage and successfully deliver on multiple projects and priorities.
- Understanding of “big data visualizations” and special considerations for large datasets, including performance implications.
- Prototyping skills with tools like Figma, Axure or Balsamiq.
- Charting tools such as Highcharts.
- Business intelligence tools such as Sisense, Dundas, Qlik, or Tableau.
- Previous examples of establishing best practices, and getting them codified and used.
- Agile/lean processes experience.
- Cloud-based enterprise web application design.
- Financial software design.
GSG is excited to offer its consultants excellent compensation and a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity:
As a diverse-owned business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.