Consultant, Data Analysis
About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the Opportunity:
GSG is seeking a Data Technology Architect to join our dynamic team. We deliver expertise talent for our business partners. The Data Technology Architect to help build modern data and analytics solutions in a hybrid cloud model. The ideal consultant would have data architecture experience with on premise SQL and Oracle databases and also with cloud-based data solutions.
The Data Technology Architect will need to have a grasp of the data architecture, develop, and maintain good documentation and build a strong, collaborative relationship with the technology and data teams. Some of the projects that the Data Technology Architect will be engaged in include developing the target state data technology platform and executing it, owning the data technology architecture (both in the cloud and on premise), data models and ensuring that the data pipes are built optimally.
- Build and maintain the technology platform architecture for both on premise and cloud-based solution.
- Responsible for architecting a new cloud data platform analyzing different emerging technology solutions that range from Microsoft Synapse, Azure data factory, Azure data lake, Snowflake, data bricks, Data Robot and more.
- Responsible for owning data platform architecture and ensuring the right platforms and solutions are being used.
- Explores, evaluates, recommends, and acts as the lead subject matter in emerging technology trends and proof?of?concept efforts.
- Lead and manage technical data architecture assessment for firm?wide project initiatives.
- Collaborate and support business teams and data office on data related initiatives.
- Document and maintain the data technology platform architecture.
- 2+ years of experience with Azure cloud data solutions (Azure Data Factory, Data Lake storage, data bricks, Data Explorer, Machine Learning, Azure Syapse / Snowflake).
- 5+ years of experience with on premise Oracle and SQL server, stored procedures, SSIS, SSAS
- Experience working in the Financial Services industry.
- Knowledge and experience with Manta for business glossary and data quality tools is highly desirable.
- Experience architecting data solutions for research explorations with Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning with Jupyter notebooks, Python libraries and more.
- Experience with data architecture for business intelligence tools like Tableau supporting our users to self?support their analytical needs.
- Capable of communicating clearly with business users and having detailed discussions with the technology team.
- Goal?oriented team player committed to quality and detail.
- Innovative thinker who is positive, proactive, and readily embraces change.
- Certification in Microsoft Cloud is highly desirable.
- Experience working with Tableau.
GSG is excited to offer its consultants excellent compensation and a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity:
As a diverse-owned business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.