Consultant, Data Analysis
About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the Opportunity:
GSG is seeking a Data Engineer with experience using Scala programming language.
- Act as Data Steward, ensuring Data Governance best practices with developers.
- Help investigate and resolve data anomalies including data quality issues and ambiguous data definitions.
- Recommend data integrity checks and controls to ensure data quality.
- Define data/information architecture standards, structure, attributes and nomenclature of data elements, and applies accepted data content standards to technology projects.
- Experience with master data management, data governance, data security, data quality and related tools desired.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS big data technologies.
- Using, or passionate about learning, functional programming, AWS, Docker, Spark, Alluxio, Scala, Akka, Kafka, Cassandra, ElasticSearch, Hadoop, Yarn, and Mesos.
- Develop applications from ground up using a modern technology stack such as Scala, Spark, Postgres, Angular 2, Play, and NoSQL.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, IT, Software Engineer, Software Development.
- Knowledge of Relational and NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Postgres.
- 2+ years of experience in Scala or other functional languages.
- Programming SPARK in Scala & proficiency in SQL to write complex SQL queries.
- Strong data analysis and troubleshooting skills.
- 3+ years of Pyspark/python Scala development experience.
- Experience with distributed frameworks such as Apache Hadoop, Storm/Spark/Kafka.
- Experience with building data pipelines is a plus.
- Experience with object oriented/functional programming languages like Java, Scala, Python, etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud services such as EC2, EMR, RDS, S3 is a plus.
- Experience working on LINUX environment is a plus.
- Expert-level data sourcing and data mapping and data analysis skills.
- Expert-level database skills creating and optimizing queries and data structures.
- Strong debugging, analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
GSG is excited to offer its consultants excellent compensation and a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity:
As a diverse-owned business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.